Port Hardy Planning Question

• Thread starter Thread starter ichthyoid
  • Start date Start date
I

ichthyoid

I'm planning to trailer my boat to Port Hardy in August for the first time. Can someone give me some suggestions for lodging and mooring locations, either boat in lodges for self guided trips and lodging or places closer to town. If I choose the cheaper route, are there good campgrounds close to a marina?

Of course any fishing tips would also be appreciated. Feel free to email me. Thanks.

Randy
Scappoose, Oregon

Three good campsites close to boat launch and marina. Best to tie up at Quarterdeck, safe, gated, fuel, pub, hotel and marine store all on site.You will need to book ahead for moorage, as August is the busy month.

Thanks for the info. I need to get a chart and start looking around, on paper.

Fished Port Hardy last year. We found an absolutely great place to stay. Check this link http://www.vancouverisl.com/hamilton_bed_breakfast/index.html
It is a B&B that provides more than you can expect. A very comfortable home with fantastic service and reasonable rates. We actually pulled the boat out each day so we could clean, restock, fix etc. Two slept on the boat, and they did not charge us, even though we used their bathroom and showers. Also have a freezer for you. You wont' go wrong. As for fishing locations, email me and I will give you a quick cover. Lots of area and choice of fish,so get your charts out. hstat2@yahoo.com

Hello Randy

I have spent lots of time in port hardy fishing over the last threee summers
this year I to took my own boat up and had a great time
If you would like you can email me and I'll fill you in on spots, depths and choice of lures, flasher colors and a great place to stay
mmitchell@oppublishing.com

Time is getting near, and it is time to get the final preparations started. Any recent sport angler reports?

For those that have responded via email, thanks for the information. I'll be posting a report on my return, and will respond via email also.

This is a great site and helped me prepare for teh mid-August trip. See you on the water.

Randy

Back