POLIER PASS .VALDES ISLAND

• Thread starter Thread starter saltybeaver
  • Start date Start date
S

saltybeaver

Does anybody ever fish polier pass, I have not my self and have not been out there this year, last year lots of boats hang out infront.
Any body ever heard of this place or fished it ?
chris

When I was a kid, I used to go there with my father a lot. We generally trolled the outside. Success was usually off of cutplugs. We didn't have downriggers.
I went there last week (just an excuse to get out) and the outside was really rough so we went and trolled around the inner part of the pass. No luck tho. I am pretty sure that there aren't too many fish around there. But since we can't fish (due to non retention rules for springs) anywhere else in area 17 or 18..............

yues you can fish porleir and the outside, its still open. the fishing is a little late right now, but a few fish should be haning arounds still. Its definetly a hot spot for fishing in the gulf islands in season. if you want to fish go through the pass and keep going till you go over like a sand bar (in the pass its over 100' feet deep but as you exit it rises to about 50' and drops again) and keep going until your about 160' deep. fish right from 160' down south about 1/2 way to where the island begins to turn (you'll see it) (galiano) or about 1 nm south. during slack tide you can also troll directly in the pass. right now coho should be there, so fish hootchies, spoons, or chovies. hope this helpz..someone else can correct me if im wrong :D

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

heard there ctaching them still, 140-50' water, 80-110 on the rigger :)

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D

outside, south a lil bit

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!

Back