point roberts

the runt

Made it out to roberts yesterday ,got fishing bye noon fished till 7.Marked a lot of fish no bumps.Lots of bait,No one else hooked any either.The local gestapo showed up, They reported only 2 fish all day.We had a -1.8to a 8-2 tide mabe tides running to hard.yall take care.

thanks the runt

Hey, we have a cabin in point roberts, im from the island though. I never new that there was any fishing around there though, where abouts do you fish/how deep? This is quite...awesome.. now i have something to do there! thanks! Nedarb

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

went fishing off the point last saturday, got nothing, saw nothing will try Pt lawrence next weekend

Heres how i was told to fish roberts.Fish the state park side on a flood tide,fish the marina side on a ebb.Heading S.E.Fish the red can on a flood.I saw a lot a fish between 120 -75 ft.Lots of doggies,lots of bait .that was july 4.Post us on how you do.

thanks the runt

Hey,

When you come out of the marina, go strait along the shore. Once you get to the park, head southwest. There is a long reef from the point. Good spring there. For coho, best success is in front ofthe marina to the point (reef)and back. There is a kelp bed with lots of needle fish around.

Patrice

It's better to burn out than to fade away

So whn you come out of the marina, do you head out towards light house point, or in the opposite direction? Thanx

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

Towards the lighthouse. When you get to the corner, turn southwest. I would do a pass without trolling to make sure you locate the reef without loosing downrigger balls!!

I got some news last night and there isn't much going on in the area.

Patrice

Runt,

Saw a lot of sockeye, caught a few. I remeber 2-3 years ago seiners getting them by the hundreds in shallow water along the beach north of the lighthouse.

Patrice

I assume you mean Pt. Roberts west of White Rock? Any recent reports? I'm headed there this weekend. If not there, any suggestions?

caught a sockeye off PR last summer good eating, havent seen anything this year so far

I went to Pt. Roberts on thursday the 28th and saw zilch. Waste of time. Two weeks too early, keep each other posted when the pinks show up.

thanks the runt

Back