Planning a Walleye Fishing trip to Castlegar

pjviitas

First time poster.

I am planning a trip to Castlegar to do some Walleye fishing and was hoping to get some suggestions on boat launch/campground combinations.

Any pointers are welcome.

Best Regards, Hedghog

I would say if your wanting to stay near Castlegar, try Pass Creek Park. Nice place for camping, the only thing is boat launch is a couple miles away. Staying there, you have easy access to the Columbia and Kootenay, and they meet about a mile downstream from the park. Beaver Park is south of Trail, near the Merican Border, and less fishing opportunity. Hope that helps.

I would say if your wanting to stay near Castlegar, try Pass Creek Park. Nice place for camping, the only thing is boat launch is a couple miles away. Staying there, you have easy access to the Columbia and Kootenay, and they meet about a mile downstream from the park. Beaver Park is south of Trail, near the Merican Border, and less fishing opportunity. Hope that helps.

Thanks...that looks my best bet.

I haven't fished walleye since I was up in the Peace Country 2 years ago and I sure do miss them.

Grew up fishing them in Northwestern Ontario...one of the best eating fish out there in my opinion.

Thanks again.

Best Regards, Hedghog

There is a good write up in the newest BC Outdoors about fishing walleye on the Columbia around Castlegar.

Cheers

SS

Back