Places to stay in bamfield

• Thread starter Thread starter battaglino
  • Start date Start date
B

battaglino

Does anyone have any contacts for places to stay with kitchen for 3 in Bamfield for the Labor day through Thursday. We also need to have moorage for a 22 foot boat. Some place that wont break the bank. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you're lucky, you might find a cancelation. Most places with moorage have been booked up for many, many, months in advance.

Bamfield is a pretty small place. You might find that you get more luck on the Ucluelet side since it is a lot bigger. Your biggest problem is going to be moorage no matter where you go. Try Island West and see what they've got - http://www.islandwestresort.com/

They might be able to point you somewhere if they don't have anything?

Try Bamfield Trails.... its not the greatest but might be worth a shot

For a few years we camped at China Creek in Alberni Inlet and ran out to Barkley Sound every morning. Not a bad run. If memory serves me right, its about 20 miles to Pill Point. Closer to 30 miles to Bamfield. You might get lucky and get a cancellation...

Just re-read your post. Bamfield is pretty crazy right up until the Monday of the long weekend. Then it is completely dead. All of Barkley Sound is like a ghost town. Not sure about accomodation during the long weekend (not likely), but you might be okay after...

http://www.bamfieldchamber.com/directory.html

Thanks to all. I know what you mean about it being dead I have been up there a couple of times a week after Labor day and no one is fishing. The fishing was still really good but it seems even the locals pack it in. I hope we have some luck the fish seem to be late all over the island.

Island Fish Camp (250) 728 3546

Dunno what they might have open, but rates are right reasonable for bunk-houses and/or trailer packages with kitchen, beds, TV etc. A tad rustic, but well worth the coin. Camping also available. Stayed there several times this season, and expect to be doing so agin...

Cheers & Good Luck when over this way!!
Nog

Thanks Nog,

We will have to get out together sometime in the alberi inlet. I am coming up this time in a freinds boat and he has a full crew. We could use your expertise. Two weeks ago the boat owner caught his first 30lb springer after 15 years of fishing in. Up to last year his largest was 14 lbs. Where are you fishing on Labor day weekend? Do you ever enter the derby at Alberi? We didn't enter 5 or 6 years ago and my wife caught a 48 lb that would have placed in the money. Have you been out fishing much?

A couple of years ago, we never even saw a sea lion when fishing during the long weekend. They were there, but there were so many boats they were a non issue. Then everybody left... We lost several 25+ lb fish the day after the long weekend. I don't know what's worse? Lots of boats? Or having the sea lions all to ourselves?

Anyone know what the accessibility to boat fuel is like in Bamfield these days?

You can get fuel in Bamfield, and at Poett Nook. Fuel prices at Poett Nook is USUALLY about 1 cent cheaper per litre than in town, but this is not always the case.

FishWish

try to book the bunk houce at seabeam or poetts nook its fairly cheap and they have a kitchen and barbique ect that you have to share and moorage.

Back