Over-Nite Bamfield

T

Tanglefoot

I was considering running down to Bamfield from Port A and staying overnight on the boat. Haven't done this before and I have a couple of questions. Moorage: Where can I tie-up for the night that has a few of the necessary amenities, like a toilet[:I], and what would I expect to pay? Somewhere to eat near-by? Should I be luck enough to catch fish on the first day, where can I get ice? Now the biggy - where would I catch lots of fish near Bamfield:D:D?

This trip is still in the hmmmm stage!

Thanks, Tom

The Bamfield Trails Motel has moorage. I believe that it is $1.00 per foot. Don't know the rules for staying on your boat. There is a cafe that is open from 9:00 a.m. til 6:00 p.m. it has pretty decent food. There are two locations where you can get Salt Ice. Ask in the store and they will tell you. If you stay at the Motel they will allow you access to their freezer.
As far as fishing goes, I always start off on "The Wall" in the morning. If I don't have luck I will move to Meares, Cree, Diplock, Pill Point. Just follow the boats. Good Luck!

Urchin, easy, try Poett Nook, they have great place to stay. Great Marina and a guest bunkhouse that is great at a reasonable price. Striper Sniper

ps www.poettnook.com

i agree with striper, poet nook is an awesome place to stay, and the showers are great for three bucks.I often anchor in the harbour just to relax not being tied up.Im leaving Monday for three days up there.Moorage is 1 dollar a foot so if you have a twenty footer, its twenty bucks.The staff up there is great, just remember they dont take interact..

lance

If you can sleep in and have a head on your boat?There are countless places to drop the hook overnight.It's a very nice way to spend an evening or two_Oh -- making coffee in the morning is important as well.

We'll be at Poett Nook this weekend. It only takes us about 15 mins to reach Bamfield from Poett; no big deal.

My favorite anchor spot is Dodd Lagoon - sandwitched between Dood, Turtle, Walsh, and Willis... smack in the middle of the Broken Group! The beauty is unbeatable!

Oppi

San Mateo Bay has a nice secluded floating dock to tie to.
last time we tied up their overnite...whales were in the bay
bears on the shore...very nice spot

There are numerous options. I've used a lot of the places mentioned. I almost always now go to the Port Alberni Yacht Club. It is in Robbers Passage, in a very calm quiet area between Fleming Island and Tzartus (sp)
I've never needed to call ahead and they've always squeezed us in.
Only have out houses but do have hot showers for 2 bucks. Last weekend it cost us 45 bucks for two nights on a 26 ft boat and 3 showers.
You pay on an honour system, put money in envelope and stick it in the box. No shore power for visitors
What I like is that it is quite small, the members are very friendly and helpful and it is quiet at night if you want to get up early. Close to many of the popular fishing areas.
Poett Nook, for me anyway, has become to crowded and noisy.

Good luck fishing.

quote:Originally posted by tyee2112

poetts is good but you are a ways from bamfield or any restraunt.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does anyone know why the pub has been closed for almost a year in Bamfield?

I was up there in june and I was told the staff walked out.from not being paid.but was told it would be open soon.I don't know if there was any truth to this or not.Just loading up the boat and heading up there in a few hours.[:p]

Can anybody comment on this thing with the pub? Is it open? We usually head in there for lunch. If not, I'm going to have to make my lunch! Noooooooooo.......

They say the pub should be open possibly by the 10th, getting a couple of Albertins to work there, thats what I hear from the front desk. Wild West

Teamchachi -
I called up there last week. I believe that the Cafe and the Pub are separate. I believe that the Cafe is open and they are working on the Pub portion. The woman told me that she thought it would be open by this weekend. I sure hope so. I don't feel like sitting in the room staring at the guys I just spend 12 hours with in the boat! Good luck!

Was there this weekend.
Pub is closed.
Cafe is open until 6pm.
General store has pastries, cookes, sandwiches, etc.

Back