Outboard motors

I am wondering why I don't see honda outboards very often? Are they no good compared to yamaha, suzuki and mercury?
Only a few dealers here, and they suck. M ya of them south in the US. I bought a boat with 2x Honda and no real issues with them yet, almost 400hrs I put on since I g bought it

I am wondering why I don't see honda outboards very often? Are they no good compared to yamaha, suzuki and mercury?
Pretty Bad Power/Weight ratio on the bigger ones, 2-50hp hondas are actually pretty decent motors, but Hondas are notorious for corrosion issues(then again so are early zukes, yamahas, and mercs)

It’s tough for dealerships to keep up with having techs certified on 2-3 brands. Some dealers choose 1 outboard and try to stay current on Volvo so despite oem wanting to break into the market between finding dealer and the challenges of competition, the right products and delivery it isn’t easy. Victoria doesn’t seem to have a “real” Honda dealer, but parts are available at two dealers.

I’ve ran Honda for the last three years 1000+ hours been great.

Pretty Bad Power/Weight ratio on the bigger ones, 2-50hp hondas are actually pretty decent motors, but Hondas are notorious for corrosion issues(then again so are early zukes, yamahas, and mercs)
Mine is an 06 bf 225 no corrosion issue, my kicker is a 1992 lol still kicking like a champ. If and when I repower I will not go with Honda for the simple fact that dealership service sucks here. Lots and lots of Honda outboard on the US side, it’s like tha ford , gmc, dodge kind of thing IMO, they all have there perks

Great engines. Bit heavy. Canada has their own dealer agreement with Japan. The way their dealer network is structured is ancient. We have been trying to get them to change that. Maybe one day

Back