One piece windshields - what boat manufactures use them

kaelc

Loving the Pursuit and Stabicraft one piece windshields and sight lines. How do they perform in the Wet coast? Any local builders using them? I seem to spend so much time looking for missing prawn strings and crab traps, not to mention spotting debris in the water, they would come in handy in 20 years or so when the kids leave home and I can afford to upgrade.

Coastal Craft uses them on their "Expressfish" models. I can't remember if it was on their website or Instagram, but somewhere they mentioned which company makes them - it was based in the US.

Seems like a no-brainer to me if you were going custom. Not only better sightlines, but less seams to leak. I would love to see one on a boat with forward sloping windshield. Although I imagine it would be an expensive upgrade.

The new, big Grady-Whites use one-piece curved glass too. Here's one available locally. I need to keep saving

The new, big Grady-Whites use one-piece curved glass too. Here's one available locally. I need to keep saving

Those engines alone are 55k! Looks like he is too good to fish, only has the swivel mount for the prawn puller.
Coastal Craft uses them on their "Expressfish" models. I can't remember if it was on their website or Instagram, but somewhere they mentioned which company makes them - it was based in the US.

Seems like a no-brainer to me if you were going custom. Not only better sightlines, but less seams to leak. I would love to see one on a boat with forward sloping windshield. Although I imagine it would be an expensive upgrade.
Cool, I'll relook at Coast Craft, although I know they are out of sight on size and price.

It looks like Stabicraft even does one on their smallest boat.

Seabird Bent Glass, now https://coastalcurvedglass.com/marine-transport/#section1 will make a one piece curved windshield for you. The frame would have to be by others. They did custom yacht windshields years ago for some of the local yacht builders and still do today. It would be laminated, not tempered if done locally unless they have changed their equipment significantly.

Years ago, the original owner of Seabird asked me if I wanted the installation work for these windshields (I still had my glass business) for some local yacht builders. The catch was if there was a leak or a problem, I would have to warrant it no matter where the yacht was, even in Europe where some yachts were headed. I politely declined.

4D3D434A-8C13-425A-B2E6-D1D2E26B9650.png

Last edited:
Back