On board battery chargers

fishinforever

Looking for a new 3 bank on board charger. What’s everyone using? I want to be able to see the amperage of each battery but doesn’t have to be too fancy

Looking for a new 3 bank on board charger. What’s everyone using? I want to be able to see the amperage of each battery but doesn’t have to be too fancy
Pro Mariner 30 is a great 3 bank, 4 stage charger but no amperage display. You may not find that in a marine charger or any affordable charger.

The NOCO comes up. Doesn’t show the exact numbers but looks like a decent buy. Anyone using one?
I had a 2 bank onboard noco on my last boat. No complaints. I just bought the 3 bank for my new boat but haven't installed it yet. They're a solid simple setup. It's 5 amp x 3 and has settings for flooded, AGM, and lithium batteries.

I have the NOCO Genius 5amp x 2 model works like a dream, even has the recovery mode for battery's that start to have issues and drop to 1v and can be brought back to life.

I have the NOCO Genius 5amp x 2 model works like a dream, even has the recovery mode for battery's that start to have issues and drop to 1v and can be brought back to life.
I have the Noco 10Amp x 2 one in my trailer. It's silent which is nice. I am confused as to how you're supposed to set them up though when your batteries are wired in parallel. I just have one to each battery but when you look at the charge/battery levels the right one is the only one that ever drops. Not sure if that's messing with the batteries life span.

I have the Noco 10Amp x 2 one in my trailer. It's silent which is nice. I am confused as to how you're supposed to set them up though when your batteries are wired in parallel. I just have one to each battery but when you look at the charge/battery levels the right one is the only one that ever drops. Not sure if that's messing with the batteries life span.

I have a guest 3 bank that does 5/5/10 amps, but have been eyeing up the Noco Marine Pro version. If you have a 100amp hour battery I think you want 10amp of charging a 10% ratio? Also just watched a pacific yachting and the idea of buying an inverter and charger all in one? https://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/freedom-hf.aspx

I have an older model of the same Xantrex on the Eaglecraft, works a charm. House battery has lasted longer than anticipated, which cannot be explained by anything I do to it!

Pro Mariner 30 is a great 3 bank, 4 stage charger but no amperage display. You may not find that in a marine charger or any affordable charger.
I installed this one a few years ago and have been very happy with it. It does display total amps being outputted. Probably safe to assume your starter batteries are fully charged after a few minutes (mine are) and that the total amps is going to the house battery(ies).

Use this for your battery monitor. Can see everything that is happening on the gauge and via Bluetooth on your phone.
It is independant of the charger

Thanks for the replies. I’m considering the BMV monitor and the noco together or this one. My old man runs this in his robalo 305 and likes it. Went through it tonight and we’re just trying to figure out the wiring and what will make the most sense. I’ll keep you guys in the https://www.amazon.ca/ProNauticP-12...ocphy=9001547&hvtargid=pla-313512634053&psc=1
What size batteries are you charging? You want to charge at least 10% of the battery capacity in amps. I.e. a 120 Ahr battery should be charged at 12 A. For optimum charging during the bulk phase you can aim for 20% - 40% (assuming AGMs, FLAs top out around 25%).

That charger seems a bit small for a 3 battery system as it will only be putting out 6.7 A per bank. This is why I went with the 1230P (10 A per bank).

What size batteries are you charging? You want to charge at least 10% of the battery capacity in amps. I.e. a 120 Ahr battery should be charged at 12 A. For optimum charging during the bulk phase you can aim for 20% - 40% (assuming AGMs, FLAs top out around 25%).

That charger seems a bit small for a 3 battery system as it will only be putting out 6.7 A per bank. This is why I went with the 1230P (10 A per bank).
Man I was just researching this and you literally quoted what I read. I think my 10Ax2 is perfect for my 70AHx2 parallel (giving 140AH) setup.

I have a NOCO genius for my 2 batteries. Fully waterproof and rugged, works like a charm. This and a ACR switch is the best way to get maximum performance out of your batteries for years to come.

Back