Older Scotty spool

BcChrome

Hey folks, wondering if anyone knows where I can get a spool for an older electric Scotty downrigger ? Think it’s dated back to early 2000’s with the dual belt system.

Hoping to find one quick to get me back on the water as the old spool has snapped in half

Hey folks, wondering if anyone knows where I can get a spool for an older electric Scotty downrigger ? Think it’s dated back to early 2000’s with the dual belt system.

Hoping to find one quick to get me back on the water as the old spool has snapped in half
Did you ask Scotty if they had them?

If your in the Victoria area, Definitely contact scotty, there servive is outstanding. You pay for parts and nothing for labor. Last time I took my buddies rigger in for him, because the motor packed it in. I call them for a quote, and it was cheaper than buying a motor on Amazon and changing it myself. I asked scotty if they could get it done in 3 days, they had it done in 1 day and did it for free!!! My guess is that they had a donner rigger and fixed this one with the parts. Best service around, I tell yah.

If your in the Victoria area, Definitely contact scotty, there servive is outstanding. You pay for parts and nothing for labor. Last time I took my buddies rigger in for him, because the motor packed it in. I call them for a quote, and it was cheaper than buying a motor on Amazon and changing it myself. I asked scotty if they could get it done in 3 days, they had it done in 1 day and did it for free!!! My guess is that they had a donner rigger and fixed this one with the parts. Best service around, I tell yah.
Update on this, I did end up reaching out to Scotty and they asked for a few pics of the spool which I sent off. I told him I was perfectly happy to buy a new one as the downriggers are 20+ years old. I just didn’t want a lot of down time as we were heading out that weekend and I’m up in parksville. They sent me a brand new one with expedited shipping and I had the new one in a day free of charge. Couldn’t be happier with their service. I need a prawn puller for my boat and now I know which one I’m going to buy 👍

Back