Okanagan Lake Burbot

Yep there's a complex of holes and sand bars at trout creek mouth. The deeper holes hold burbot. You can drift over them or anchor in the shallows and pay out rode until you're over deeper water. Takes a bit to figure out the bottom profile, and it will be changing as we speak with the freshet carving out new channels and dropping sediment.

Heading there on the 3rd for a week I rented a house a block form trout creek. My son is an avid fisherman is there a chance he can catch trout in the area as well? I've never fished in the area before any advice to help make his experience better would be welcomed. We won't be bringing a boat this trip.

Heading there on the 3rd for a week I rented a house a block form trout creek. My son is an avid fisherman is there a chance he can catch trout in the area as well? I've never fished in the area before any advice to help make his experience better would be welcomed. We won't be bringing a boat this trip.
There’s always a chance of catching rainbows from shore in that area. Just depends on what the water temps are doin. They are pretty low at the moment due to the rain and snowmelt but it doesn’t take much to bump them up to the point it’s to warm by the shore. Might be better off targeting carp! Those are always fun.

Not sure what these are I think pike minnows picture is $h!ty but my kid is getting these things all over at trout creek area

Attachments

• 70766253738__DE131330-8E13-4405-AB55-6EE21AD4FFD7.jpeg
    70766253738__DE131330-8E13-4405-AB55-6EE21AD4FFD7.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 36
Back