Northern Vancouver Island River/Lake Fishing - Newbie

chriswh86

Hi All,

Im trying to get back into fishing, reading as much as i can around the net and forums. Im still trying to get a better idea of when the fish tend to be in the rivers/run up the rivers. Also, when are good times to fish lakes, year round or select times have best results.

Ive spend the last few days fishing a local river, i could see the fish and using different spoons, I had no action, some fish were curious but usually spooked. Ive only just starting buying lures again and ive lost quite a few over the past few days and im needing to go back to the store so lure and even bait ideas would be appreciated

Im basically looking for a bit of help on river fishing runs/species and times, as well as in the lakes. Its been hard for me to learn the species of fish and when they run and when they are hot

Cheers to all for looking and your answers, all help and info/website links etc would be a great help for a real newbie

Chris,

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy yourself the fishing back roads map book, very helpful. search port alice or the names of river and/or lakes you are thinking of trying in the search function of this of other fishing sites. that question is very general.

Back