North island fiberglass?

KMay

Hello. Im looking at getting a pod and some fiberglass work done on my boat. Iv been in contact with north island fiberglass about the job. Im wondering if anyone else has used them and how was thier experience. Im also open to other suggestions on people for the job. Thanks in advance!

Kevin.

Hello. Im looking at getting a pod and some fiberglass work done on my boat. Iv been in contact with north island fiberglass about the job. Im wondering if anyone else has used them and how was thier experience. Im also open to other suggestions on people for the job. Thanks in advance!

Kevin.
I started a post on pods a while back. My dad had a pod built and put in his 21 ft campion by these guys. Not that the pod was built wrong but he was very upset with the boat soon as he got it back. It changes every aspect of how this boat performs. Dad has now passed and I have the boat. My biggest complaint is how much power it takes to get on step now and slowing down is another story. I had more then a few members suggest a hull extension is the way to go. I would tend to believe them from my experience. If you are in Campbell River you are welcome to stop by and have a look at the pod.

Thanks for your message. I am in campbell river. Im going to put a full extension pod on and hopefully that solves a few of those issues. Were you happy with any fiberglass work you had done at NIF?

Thanks for your message. I am in campbell river. Im going to put a full extension pod on and hopefully that solves a few of those issues. Were you happy with any fiberglass work you had done at NIF?
They did a good a job on the pod but they just bolted it on. As far as the fibre glass work they did on the floor well that was a lot less then desirable. I am not sure on who did that worked there but it looks as if they didn’t care to much. The floor is 5 years old and it’s time for another one. They didn’t use marine plywood they used OSB they put a thin layer of glass over top. Dad did go back to talk to someone about it as it cost him $20,000 . They basically told him to pound sand. They also relocated the tank in the boat and vented it wrong so it took dad an hour to fill it as the tank could not vent. After I got the boat after dad passed I tore open the floor found the vent laying in the bottom of the floor beneath the tank so naturally it would not vent. Basically dad did not like to use the boat at all after the work was done. I wish I knew who managed it but I’m sure lt has changed over the 5 years dad got the work done.
Again if you would like to see the work your more then welcome too before you have the same experience that we have got from there work.

Back