nootka report

just back from Nootka and the fishing was pretty slow. Tuesday bajo very hot for springs and halis , Wednesday was dead out there and very few on the inside. Thursday good bite on at Beano around 10 o'clock.I think they are starting to come in now. Going back up there the 8th of Aug. and will see if there is any difference. Anyone going up there keep us posted,.By the way got 3 to 24 lbs on six inch tomic spoon # 500

Thanks for the update. I'll be running there in the next week.

Two sets of Fishermen stopped in at the store yesterday and I had a chance to see there catches both had there limits 12 fish total and close to half were nice slabs in the high 20's low 30's all caught inside on Thursday and Friday. Not just a story I was shown them and they were Nice Fish. All caught in the Cougar Creek Area.

One of the two groups was there to pick up trailer parts to go back and fix their trailer broken down half way back form Cougar Creek.

My advice for everyone if you are trailering anywhere carry 2 X extra bearing kits for your trailer, a grease gun and extra grease, 1 extra bearing buddy, spare tire for trailer and good selection of tools. This could save you hundreds of dollars or more plus the serious inconvienence of being stuck out in the middle of nowhere and having to spend hours driving to the closest town that may or may not have your bearing size in stock. I have people come in to the store almost everyday and the common response is, it's never happened before.

Cheers ME

Not to steal the topic or anything... but you say "came into the store" may I ask what store this is???? Its always good to know guys on the island when your over there for trips!! Thanks

quote:Originally posted by MyEscape

Two sets of Fishermen stopped in at the store yesterday and I had a chance to see there catches both had there limits 12 fish total and close to half were nice slabs in the high 20's low 30's all caught inside on Thursday and Friday. Not just a story I was shown them and they were Nice Fish. All caught in the Cougar Creek Area.

One of the two groups was there to pick up trailer parts to go back and fix their trailer broken down half way back form Cougar Creek.

My advice for everyone if you are trailering anywhere carry 2 X extra bearing kits for your trailer, a grease gun and extra grease, 1 extra bearing buddy, spare tire for trailer and good selection of tools. This could save you hundreds of dollars or more plus the serious inconvienence of being stuck out in the middle of nowhere and having to spend hours driving to the closest town that may or may not have your bearing size in stock. I have people come in to the store almost everyday and the common response is, it's never happened before.

Cheers ME

Thanks for the good news!!! My Husband and boy's are up there right now for a week!!! I hope fishing is still good. They should be home Saturday and will let you all know!!!

Back