Nootka regs confusing

You CAN fish for Hali in all of 125.

You CAN fish for chinook in 25-4

so what I am confused about is when i look at the regs as per the app that DFO and SFI put out t shows a fin fish closure. How can this be explained away?

I’m considering opening up a “Consulting Business” to offer an opinion on DFO regs to anyone with questions. It’s got so complicated people are effing confused. Most are. And I’m talking 40’year fishers. You’ve got CRA and Immigration consultants who interpret government regs so why not DFO consultants. My rate will be $250 an hour.
You see Liberals kill one business with regulations and the vultures move in to create another. Not serious about this of course. Just pissed off.
The regs in Nootka allow you to keep 4 coho a day in one small area but only 2 in most others. You can just see DFO pulling over a guy trying to explain why he’s got 4 coho in his boat.
Sorry for rant. Next.

I’m considering opening up a “Consulting Business” to offer an opinion on DFO regs to anyone with questions. It’s got so complicated people are effing confused. Most are. And I’m talking 40’year fishers. You’ve got CRA and Immigration consultants who interpret government regs so why not DFO consultants. My rate will be $250 an hour.
You see Liberals kill one business with regulations and the vultures move in to create another. Not serious about this of course. Just pissed off.
The regs in Nootka allow you to keep 4 coho a day in one small area but only 2 in most others. You can just see DFO pulling over a guy trying to explain why he’s got 4 coho in his boat.
Sorry for rant. Next.

the coho regs in Nootka have been a complete tire fire for years. all these stupid imaginary lines that intersect and change directions...4 coho anything goes just over the line and zero retention on the other side. it’s not gonna take a rocket surgeon to figure out what people would say if they got checked. zero way to enforce this. absolute joke.

You can fish Camel Rock for Springs and 125.1 for Halis. Those áreas colored in tan are no fishing areas. That’s my interpretation. Am I missing something?

I seem to be having trouble finding the app with the android phone. Does anyone know what the actual name is so I can try to find it easier? My phone was wiped out and I lost everything that was on it, and trying to re-build it all back. Thanks in advance.

Back