night fishing

Rum Buddies

I'm curious if anybody has ever done it? The idea of plowing into a log in the middle of the night doesn't really appeal to me but I am curious if anybody has actually done it?

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

I'm curious if anybody has ever done it? The idea of plowing into a log in the middle of the night doesn't really appeal to me but I am curious if anybody has actually done it?

I've never really tried night fishing - but I have hit a log in the dark :( It's not that bad at trolling speed, it just scares the hell out of you when you hear it hit the hull and drag down the side of the boat.

I have always thought it would be nice to be out in the middle of Georgia Strait under a full moon, trolling the surface for Coho if I could find a nice calm night to do it. So far just wishfull thinking.

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter
I have always thought it would be nice to be out in the middle of Georgia Strait

Ummm.... You mean Salish Sea, don't you?!! ;):D:D

hahahahahaha :D gawwwdd :P

In QCI I've fished until well past dark, the mothership was in view so I wasn't in danger of hitting anything.

The only thing I could hook were small Halibut 6-8#, I mean they were voracious, there were lots of Salmon in the area Coho and Springs both but no bites.

That's when I first learned about bioluminescence, the baitfish (I think they were Needlefish) that were spilling out of the Halibut's mouths all had a glowing stripe down their side.

Up here in port Grace and i have done very well after dark.Sometime triple headers at 10 pm lots of fun.Last year was awesome for this.

Lance

Back