NHL/Canucks Thread 09/10

The leafs tried pretty hard to make the Canucks their first win. If not for Louie we might have been a bit embarrassed last night. What is the difference between a triangle and the leafs? A triangle has 3 points! What do the Raptors, Leafs and Blue jays all have in common? (other than Toronto) None play hockey. Where does a leaf player find a bride? At Crappy Tire where the rest of us find our leaf blowers. How do you tell spring has arrived each year? The leafs are out!

gillis, can you get anything for bieksa, that guy drives me nuts always in the box at the end of games with that stupid smirk on his face, he doesn't even fight anymore he just pushes people with that dumb look on his face, nonis really blew this signing imo

I like Bieksa for the most part. Only thing I would like to see is him show a little more urgency in his game when they ned to catch up. He always plays at the same pace coming up ice.

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

ya cool as a cucumber, and then woops

LOL Ya...I've never been a fan of Bieksa...always makes one big mistake per game, and gets bailedout by Lui 3/4 times so it doesn't go quite as noticed. but this year the real numb nuts who has been screwing up has been Edler. This was supposed to be his breakout season and bam...sucking hugely. -8 on the year already!!!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

ya it's not very often I don't watch the end of a game, i guess we're lucky to have beat the kings the night before, it will be nice to get healthier get the brothers back together.

ya it's not very often I don't watch the end of a game, i guess we're lucky to have beat the kings the night before, it will be nice to get healthier get the brothers back together.

For a team with a so a so called great defensive lineup it isn't showing. Another game blown where they could have finished them off in the 1st if they had of taken advantage of the lead and consecutive power plays. They have no killer instinct when they are in that situation. They only seem to find that when they are trailing by 1 or 2 in the third and in combination of facing a hot goalie. Frustrating!!!!

For a team with a so a so called great defensive lineup it isn't showing. Another game blown where they could have finished them off in the 1st if they had of taken advantage of the lead and consecutive power plays. They have no killer instinct when they are in that situation. They only seem to find that when they are trailing by 1 or 2 in the third and in combination of facing a hot goalie. Frustrating!!!!

I am looking at that huge road trip during the Olympics and saying to myself you Canucks better get your $h!t together and be in a good position in the standings before that starts or you can kiss the 2009-2010 season goodbye.

Right now hanging onto at 500 with 7 wins and 7 losses plus already 8 points out of first place and managing only 2 win on the road to date. It is also worth noting there are 15 road games over the next three months and then 14 games straight on the road during the Olympics.

So get healthy, get down to some serious hockey like the end of last season and start winning or the hill will be just too big to climb.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

I am looking at that huge road trip during the Olympics and saying to myself you Canucks better get your $h!t together and be in a good position in the standings before that starts or you can kiss the 2009-2010 season goodbye.

Right now hanging onto at 500 with 7 wins and 7 losses plus already 8 points out of first place and managing only 2 win on the road to date. It is also worth noting there are 15 road games over the next three months and then 14 games straight on the road during the Olympics.

So get healthy, get down to some serious hockey like the end of last season and start winning or the hill will be just too big to climb.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Starting to look like a team that is bonding, finally some emotion. Even with a short handed roster their play and work is night and day from the first 5 or 6 games. Hurry back Lou, don't think Raycroft can keep this up to long.

Great game in the sense that the Canucks look great even with the majority of their top 6 out. Pretty impressive, even if the game was a little dry. Oh well, it kept me from my political science paper :D

Raycroft is looking like he did in his rookie season...But he still makes me nervous everytime there is a shot as he is just so damn tiny compared to Luongo that if it is deflected I have no faith!

Bonding is right profisher...look at what Bernier did for Sedin near the end...pretty good. If the Canucks play like this (9-4 in past 13 and 6-2 in past 8) with a depleted line up, just wait till Danny and Grabner get back in!!!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck

Back