New top for older Double Eagle

Highliner

Hey guys,

My buddy has an older late seventies 17 foot double eagle with a soft top. The soft top is very low (not much head room), unlike the newer style double eagles with the stand up canopy.

Has anyone on this forum had a new canopy made that is much higher? Would he have to get a different windshield? Can he get something like this used? Where should he go in Victoria? Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

He will need all new aluminum extrusions, as well as canvas.
Styles auto upholstery here in Victoria can build him one
but he better be ready to shell out some $$$

If that is the case, that seems fairly reasonable to me for a brand new top.

Anybody else have any other suggestions?

I know a guy who does that kind of work he just finished quite a big job for me if you send me an e-mail ill send you his name he did a very good job.

Wolf

bobs apholstery in duncan did my double eagle last winter . good sunbrella fabric and made the top higher :Dnice guy as well. cheapy cheapy great job

Got a new roof put on my boat last year.
Built to my specs.
Excellent service. The guy came to my house and gave me a quote and took measurements and details, then came back and put on the frame for me to give aproval on, then came back and installed the canvas.
The boat never left my driveway.
Great service and great price.

E-mail me for the info if you like.

Tips

Bob or Paul. Both have done work for me. Bob is likely booked way ahead. he takes on bigger jobs and goes to marinas to do big boats.
Paul likes to have the boat in his shop.

Hi Guys.
I found this site a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed reading all your posts. Lots of good sporty info. A few different tricks from commercial fishing!
My question is kind of related to this topic....
I've recently bought a 185 Double Eagle. it has a soft top, plus the rear "camper" top. I've seen some photos of the same model with a "bulkhead" type canvas plastic wall that zips in behind the seats.
Do any of you Double Eagle guys know where I can locate one of these?
Also, do you know if they have to be custom made or if they are a stock double eagle item? (have e-mailed Double Eagle, but no replies).
I live up on the Charlottes, so I can't really whip my boat in to a shop for measurements!
Thanks in advance for any help :-)
Chuck.

Tasu,I Just bought a new 185 and had the same question.Double Eagle doesnt do it,they were going to check with their canvas maker and see if he could do it,but proably to busy.I have seen one in Victoria and its pretty slick if I find out I will let you know DAN

Thanks Dan!
Be nice to stay a little drier when the rain is blowing in the "back door", especially when the little woman is on board;)
Although, it could endup being a nuisance if the fish are biting...

highliner did you ever get ahold of bob about your top ???? scottyboy

Hi guys here is the name of the guy who did mine his company is called ALL-WEATHER BOAT TOPS and his name is Cam Carcin he did a fantastic job on my boat reinforced it in areas nice tight fit was very impressed with his work his number is 883-6788 and tell him I sent you to him.

Good luck Wolf

Back