new to saltspring island...where to go?

• Thread starter Thread starter boatman38
  • Start date Start date
B

boatman38

I am new to saltspring and this forum.I was out on the outside of Porlier pass along Galiano in 160ft. had a few hits,but nothin to the boat.used glow hoochy and flasher.Any suggestions where else and what tide to fish?Does the tide matter much for winter springs?What about Sansum narrows and Tent island?

thanks,someone said they closed active...?I'm goin out tomorrow,if it's calm enough on the outside of Galiano.There was a 17lb taken lastweek there.

Boatman
Tent and Sansum can be good this time of year and tides are very important

what was good in deep cove?prawns or salmon?Where is deep cove,as I am new to area.What's the best tide to fish?I would appreciate the info.I have yet to hear anything incouraging from anyone on saltspring.most people out here have all but given up on salmon.they wait to bring their boats over to Renfrew for the summer.

quote:Originally posted by boatman38

what was good in deep cove?prawns or salmon?Where is deep cove,as I am new to area.What's the best tide to fish?I would appreciate the info.I have yet to hear anything incouraging from anyone on saltspring.most people out here have all but given up on salmon.they wait to bring their boats over to Renfrew for the summer.

Deep Cove was where I went for the prawns, but I only ran that far just to put some hours on my new engines. You can get them just about anywhere in 200-300 feet of water in the whole Peninsula area. For winter springs off Sidney, I'm far from an expert in that area, but Island View Beach and Coal Island are places where I've had success.

You are really in the dead sea as far as a good salmon fishery. But, you don't have to go to Renfrew, Sooke provides good action in the summer.

thanks for the info.I lust bought a new campion explorer 18.6ft with 135 verado.i'm almost thinkin of moving to better fishin.maybe campbell river.

Back