New Islander MR3 Mooching Reel

Saltwater Cowboy

Anybody had a look at the new Islander MR3 mooching reel yet? I heard they had it tested by some fisherman and the line capacity was too small as they had changed the size of the spool. I also hear it has a new drag system? Apparently it's gun metal blue in colour, costs the same and will be available in April. Any other info would be appreciated!

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

hey Salt!100 posts!yahoo!

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

I'll take my "fancy lads" anytime over anything else.
Once you've driven a Lamborghini, it's hard to settle for a Neon.
And no, I haven't seen the new MR3's yet, SWC.

boc

I challenge anybody to find a better reel on the market for, mooching or trolling for salmon! These are the best by far and I'm so sad cause I can't ever go back and I only have 2 and need 2 more to balance out the boat $$$. It's so depressing when a fish hits one of the rods with a Shimano reel! Not near as much fun! Just my 2 cents!

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

C.S....Haven't been prawning as of yet....Boat is in the factory getting a whole refit and paint job. But friends who have been out have experienced as good or better prawning than last year...
That being said, I am looking forward to seeing the MR3's when they hit the stores.
I use ARMR2's, and I can't see how they could possibly improve on these.

boc

Hey CS where have you been out prawning? What area are you going I have not been out prawning in awhile down here just wondering where you were having your success?

Back