New Chartplotter settings recommendations

Burly Rambler

I recently upgraded to a Lowrance HDS9 Carbon and bought a Airmar TM185M Transducer for it. I have yet to install them but am curious if anyone with the same kind of setup has any tips or tricks for getting the best performance out this pairing. Thanks

I have an hds 9 live and a tm185hw, update your carbon to the latest software and make sure you connect your transducer to the black port, it should auto Id the transducer, I set my fishing mode to general and run the the gain in auto and adjust from there, leave the hds in med chirp since that's the tranducer you have. When installing the transducer you'll prob need to have the leading edge of the ducer 1/4 inch lower then the hull and the rear of the ducer 1/8 - 1/4 in lower then the front if you want it to read at speed over 20mph, I'm still playing with mine and I'll loose bottom at around 26mph now. Don't run your display in auto depth range it will constantly change and drive you crazy, set it where you'll be like at 200 or 300 feet

Back