Need to know

• Thread starter Thread starter new generation
  • Start date Start date
N

new generation

I am building a house,can anyone roughly tell me,how deep to build the garage for a 17 foot double eagle? I'm guessing 17 feet for boat plus 3 feet for front of trailer and 3 feet for outboard motor off transom.What do you guys think?

Just went out and measured my old boat and motor,its a 17 Double Eagle and outboard on an ez loader trailer its 21 feet.My garage is 25 feet on the inside and I wouldn't go any smaller.Garage door is 8 feet high which worked for the 17 {hardtop}the garage also works for the new 185 Double Eagle but is TIGHT length wise hope that helps.DAN

I have an 18.5 Campion and my garage is 24.5 inside 9 ceiling and 8 foot door. I still have to back the door to max height to get the boat in and I have about 16 inches past the tongue. Make sure it is wide enough also, although it is the width of your vehicle because of the height you need extra space to get past it with anything.

Ya, go bigger, you may get 3 foot-itus in the near future.

I'm just finishing our new house...I made the garage 24' deep with 12' ceilings and a 9' door thinking that'd be plenty....it's too small. I have to take the kicker off and lower the main to get it in and the door's 2" too short so I have to lower the top to fit through. That's for a 19' boat.

If you can, build it bigger than you need.

Thanks again for all the help everybody.I had allowed for 24 feet,looks like I have to phone the architect in the morning for a couple of extra feet.

Back