NANAIMO REPORT

Hey Wetbeaver you for got to mention the anchovie you used was pink and two weeks old . But I think you made your piont

quote:Originally posted by wetbeaver

dont worry fishin magician im not going out there for cod, only salmon, as for the weather i always check the weather report, as a guide on the west coast i spend lots of time out at the big bank and have a very seaworthy boat. and i have to ask why you had said that bait is not needed for salmon, i have my best luck fishing with anchovie at any time of year. In fact i have the biggest winter spring reported in the nanaimo to date.

thanks for the concern
the wet one

Hey, no offense intended.

As for the bait comment, you'll see what I mean when you get there! (That is assuming what happens over there is what usually happens!) ;)

hey fishin magician, will let you know how i make out on monday, you make it seem like you have spent some time out there and done well, is this true?

fished out of nanaimo this morning picked up what I thought was a nice fish for this time of year that weighed in at 16.5 pounds, only to see a guy a feet away pick up a 29.5 pounder off of the fingers. Looks like nanaimo is the place to be right now for winter springs. Picked mine up on a cop car spoon and the big guy on anchovie 175feet for both in 400 feet of water. nanaimo is on fire:D

have you heard of any salmon or Bits been caught at halibit banks?

Unfortunately H Bank becomes a restricted rockfish conservation area Feb 1. Dont know if it is worth the run to troll the perimeter.

quote:Originally posted by saltybeaver

are you still aloud to fish salmon in those areas ?

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

NO FISHING WITH HOOK AND LINE!

MCCALL and HALIBUT BANK are OFF LIMITS!

went out the past two days and got 4 fish:D three around 8-10 lbs range and one 25:D
fishing deeep with a green glow coyote

Was out for about three hours this afternoon got one ten pounder on anchovie at the fingers

Back