MercMonitor SmartCraft question(s)

Where did you pick up the gage or did it come with the motor install? A quick search online shows they are around $500. I have been debating spending the money to hook my motor up to my HDS Live but it is expensive and all I really want is the troll control.
Oh it appears you originally wanted to hook up to your GPS/Sonar, (expensive) as I was always referring to the MercMonitor style of gauge, or troll control tach, and the Merc over 40 hp come with Smartcraft technology that allows either to be done. I have the gauge you show, and had to buy the digital cable as above for the trim to show.

Not sure if troll control works on non-dts engines. Double check that with a mercury dealer or someone here will let you know
You will need the cable and a J-box.

Not sure if troll control works on non-dts engines. Double check that with a mercury dealer or someone here will let you know
You will need the cable and a J-box.
Ok if anyone on here knows I would appreciate the insight. I found trolling off the Fraser mouth this year it would have been nice to adjust the throttle in 50 rpm increments with a tap of the button. All the other engine info in one gage would be the added bonus.

Ok if anyone on here knows I would appreciate the insight. I found trolling off the Fraser mouth this year it would have been nice to adjust the throttle in 50 rpm increments with a tap of the button. All the other engine info in one gage would be the added bonus.
You have a newer version of a Mercury 90 horse. You want to have a tachometer with troll control. Correct?

You have a newer version of a Mercury 90 horse. You want to have a tachometer with troll control. Correct?
Either the tachometer or the MercMonitor. I would like to access the additional information on the engine but the real reason is troll control. Like you said I looked at connecting to my plotter but it’s way too expensive.

Either the tachometer or the MercMonitor. I would like to access the additional information on the engine but the real reason is troll control. Like you said I looked at connecting to my plotter but it’s way too expensive.
Nice. I have the Merc monitor when all I really needed was the tachometer with a troll control in it. However, I do like all the extras with the Merc monitor. But if you really just want the troll control, get just the tachometer version because I believe they are less money.

And your motor is compatible for sure. No debate there.

Nice. I have the Merc monitor when all I really needed was the tachometer with a troll control in it. However, I do like all the extras with the Merc monitor. But if you really just want the troll control, get just the tachometer version because I believe they are less money.

And your motor is compatible for sure. No debate there.
Thanks. Gonna put it on the Christmas list.

I have also been considering one of these MercMonitors to replace my analogue tach which I believe has troll control as well as a bunch of other features but still cheaper than hooking up to the HDS
I have that gauge and the smart craft tach on my 90, works great, mainly use it to record fuel flow/burn but it does a bunch

Back