Luhr Jensen 'Superior" spoons

wishiniwasfishin1

Hey guys,
Anyone have any of these? I would love to get my hands on a couple, especially the 5 inch straight chrome. I know they arent in production anymore but they have been popular with the commies for a very very long time. Just thought I would check. Also, if you do have some experience with them, or the superior vs. say the Krippled K I would love to hear your opinion.

I know they tried to remake them in China a few years back, but the quality was *****.

Cheers

I lost my last one this summer. PNT in Parksville/Coombs has lots of Chinese ones. They will work, just won't last as long. How long does a $5.00 pack of bait last?

Hey Tubber,
Do you know what the Chinese ones are selling for? From what I understand, they are not very good quality, they tarnish pretty quickly and don't catch nearly as many fish...

I will trade a pile of krippled k's or anything else you need for any original Superiors you want to trade

I have a couple of 5 inch USA Superior spoons.....50/50 Brass/Copper on both sides.

Known as the "washboard" spoon due to it's style.

The other day I shined them up til they twinkled like jewels.....(they are new anyway, but they'd been sitting for awhile).

Dragged them around off Little Q at different depths for awhile.......not a sniff.

Actually bought them off Rob At PNT last year. Says USA Superior right on them.

What do you have in the way of Krippled K's.?........I'll trade if you're interested.

I have a couple of 5 inch USA Superior spoons.....50/50 Brass/Copper on both sides.

Known as the "washboard" spoon due to it's style.

The other day I shined them up til they twinkled like jewels.....(they are new anyway, but they'd been sitting for awhile).

Dragged them around off Little Q at different depths for awhile.......not a sniff.

Actually bought them off Rob At PNT last year. Says USA Superior right on them.

What do you have in the way of Krippled K's.?........I'll trade if you're interested.

I have a **** load of them. Chrome and 50/50 w/grn.would rather get the chromes but those are great somedays too

Hey Tubber,
Do you know what the Chinese ones are selling for? From what I understand, they are not very good quality, they tarnish pretty quickly and don't catch nearly as many fish...

My apologies to Rob and PNT for thinking they were all Chinese. I saw a bunch on the wall and since they have been out of production for a while, ASSuMEd wrong.

Anybody ever had any spoons replated in a different finish or replated in original finish?

Just wondering what the cost would be........there used to be a plating outfit in Victoria (Fairmont Plating?)

Maybe there's one in Nanaimo.....

Guys get auto parts replated all the time somewhere......

Back