Lost Scotty cover

fytfire

Just by chance if anyone finds a Scotty HP lid around French creek, it came off on the boat ride back to the marina. Long shot I know, but worth a shot.
Cheers!

Many years ago I lost a cover while trailering (I'm sure this must happen a lot). So now on my covers I drill a small hole (facing the boom) and zap strapped the cover to a perfect little opening (near the wire for the push button). I've not lost a cover off either rigger since doing this.

A slight deviation to the thread but I had a similar issue and solution with the cover for my 9.9 Yamaha. An older design of the 9.9 had the cover latch so it pushed down to release. During a trip in some very rough water (engine in up position) I wasn't paying attention and waves had pushed the latch open and the cover had bumped off. I drilled small holes through the latch and thin part of the body right beside the latch, attached a small black zip-tie and all is well for the past several years. Obviously need to cut and replace the zip tie for maintenance but MUCH cheaper than the new lid.

Back