Loss of another Sooke Marina

Tailspin

Just heard the word that Cheanah Marina is likely being sold for Condo development,Gas Station,Store and more, if the offer is accepted by the band in the next few weeks, the amount is sickening to my stomach! 60+ Million + another crazy amount for the marina lease. From what the guys at the marina said it will likley be accepted. Heard this news from the guys behind the counter while paying for my 07 annual moorage. Pedder is also allegidly using the campground idea to blanket Condos there as well. Is all this true? I f$%$in hope not, however it sounds like North somthing properties has made the offer? Apparantly it will still cater to the sportfisherman not just condo owners? At this rate only the Rich will have access to all of Sookes waters.[V]

that's brutal... i spoke with Andy at sunny shores this A.m
he seemed to think the new owners would keep the marina
and boat launch open.
I can't believe the S*%T going on right now.

if you read the paper last weekend, there was an article about pedder
closing out the mobile home park....
whats next ???

what??? where are we going to launch if they shut down sunny shores?

For Sale- Boat and motors, Cheap or trade for good set of golf clubs

What's the deal with the marina and launch in Belcher? Is it public or open to guys like us? It looks like it's a bit of a run but not bad.

quote:Originally posted by Kramer

What's the deal with the marina and launch in Belcher?[?] Is it public or open to guys like us? It looks like it's a bit of a run but not bad.
I take it you mean becher bay ???
it's owned by the Becher bay native band(currently)
pay launch and moorage available

Becher is great. For winters, you fish LITERALLY as you drive out of the marina, it doesn't get any cheaper. I've dropped my gear at 40 feet and got 'em as I kicker out from in front of the marina. The bay is VERY fishy in the winter, although the shakers are slowing down, more big ones are coming in lateley. 3 over 20 last weekend that I know about.

Back