Looking for a portable air compressor

Sitkaspruce

My 10 year old CT potable air compressor crapped out last week and I am looking to replace it.

It needs to be able to do 10 ply Load E truck tires and travel trailer tires.

Would rather have direct power, even to the battery, rather than 20V potable power, but will consider anything.

Suggestions?

Cheers

SS

I’d go Viair. Proven in the off-road world where people are regularly airing down 37”+ tires to 5 PSI for the trail, and back up to 25-30 PSI for the street. The 88P is good value but slow, 300p is a bit more but way faster.

I have the Milwaukee M12 compressor and it's a P.O.S.. I've burnt through two of them. Rebuilt the valve on the piston and it's holding up so far, but I've heard the M18 version is the way to go for truck tires. That's what I'll get when mine blows up again. But you can buy a lot of cheap 12V cigarette lighter plug style or direct to battery compressors for the price of Milwaukee stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_7006.jpeg
    IMG_7006.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7007.jpeg
    IMG_7007.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 14
I just went on a trip to the sand dunes in Oregon and spent a bunch of time sitting in parking lots waiting for our super slow cigarette lighter plug in compressor to inflate the tires as we came on and off the dunes. I would recommend getting an off road style one that hooks to the battery with alligator clips and has a high flow rate. I am getting one for the next time we go.

I’d go Viair. Proven in the off-road world where people are regularly airing down 37”+ tires to 5 PSI for the trail, and back up to 25-30 PSI for the street. The 88P is good value but slow, 300p is a bit more but way faster.
Been looking at the Viair 90 as an all around good value. Time is not that important as I am not airing down and back up that often. Just looking for something that can be used when checking tires, for traveling and used if needed in an emergency. But I also don't want to be buying one every few years.

The only complaint I hear about with Viair is the analogue dial can be out as much as 10 psi and no pre set, so you have to be watching it all the time. Minor issue, but the old CT had pre-sets and was out 1-1.5 psi after airing up. The new Viairs will have digital and pre-set, but they are not available in Canada yet.

Thanks for the suggestion. Oh and the 300p is almost 3x as much as the 88P. Just not sure if I can justify that...

Cheers

SS

but I've heard the M18 version is the way to go for truck tires.
thats whatI have and the thing is awesome , set the psi and walk away I put 80 psi on my trailer tire with boat on took about 8 mins.
Last year had a flat moose hunting dead flat , plugged tire and then M 18 took about 5 mins to filll that tire impressive....i got on super special milwakee days.

Back