Looking for a great Salmon trolling rod for my dad

Gravityorange

Would love some recommendations for a great Salmon rod for trolling. My dad has a great islander reel but currently has a $50 rod that he is using with it. I would love to buy him a new rod for his upcoming birthday. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Downrigger trolling ? I love my 11’3” SAGE. I have some parabolic Islander rods that are superb for forgiveness as the load and unload slooowly. Finally, I have some custom 10’6” rods built on Rainshadow blanks. I believe both River Sportsman and Tyee in C River stock rods built on Sage and rainshadow blanks, often in stock..give them a call.
Best to Dad !
Jim

Not sure if I can easily get to Campbell River as I'm on the mainland.. but good to know. I love my sage flyrods. Any links would be appreciated. Cheers

Not sure if I can easily get to Campbell River as I'm on the mainland.. but good to know. I love my sage flyrods. Any links would be appreciated. Cheers
Not sure how much you want to spend, but a sage 3113 will run you 800$ about,berrys bait usually has them factory or custom built, I still have a 4110 and 3113 custom from them in the rafters in my shop, river rods set up, have not used them in a long time , used them on the Fraser back when we could fish it, great rods but a bit pricy to beat up in a boat lol, been running convergence and hmx in my boat with no issues, about 125$

G Loomis GL2 10 1/2 ft mooching rod. I've used two of them with my Islanders for over 25 years and can't think of a better combo.

Do you guys have links to any of these rods? I tried the Loomis G2 and it says it is a trout rod. The Shimano technium I can find from Cabela's. Which model do you run? It looks like there are 4 choices.
Links and where to buy just makes it so much easier. Thanks

Last edited:
The Shimano Technium rods are outstanding for the price.

TNC-M106MH2 has enough backbone for larger fish but has a super soft tip, can’t beat it.

Attachments

• 68AD5D0C-D482-41C5-B6D5-E0DBB5BE89B6.jpeg
    68AD5D0C-D482-41C5-B6D5-E0DBB5BE89B6.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 19
Loomis stick fish….i would get you model # but I am away from the North tackle shop…
Fish from my quasi Top secret Ferrer wash rock…

Attachments

• C2F86BE0-4DE7-4B07-8609-9F0B36F5D751.jpeg
    C2F86BE0-4DE7-4B07-8609-9F0B36F5D751.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 42
Back