Looking at a Hewescraft 180 Sea Runner

northshorebb

Hi Everyone,

Looking at a 2011 Hewescraft 180 Sea Runner.

It's got some of the paint flaking, is that a sign of electrolysis or normal wear/tear on an older ocean boat?

Anything to look for on these boats specifically? I heard they can crack on the keel? Should I pull the rear floor board and check the foam for water?

Thanks for the help.

thumbnail_IMG_2362.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2363.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2368.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2369.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2371.jpg
4331611724.jpg1234.jpg

Last edited:
The corrosion of the aluminum under the stainless canvas mounts at the windshield was happening on my 2006. One of two of your pictures looks fine number 4, the other ones could be more serious, tough for me to tell. I’d ask a surveyor, or a welder/fabricator who knows aluminum to look.

The battery sticker looks to have 2018 batteries, budget to replace them.

If it hasn’t been garage kept or with a sloped back curtain and it is a vancouver or vancouver island boat it likely has some moisture in the foam and floor boards. Mine had a bit but not much when I checked. There was a hewescraft forum back 5-6 years ago when I owned mine you would get a better idea of which years have foam issue but my guess is all of them with wood floors will have them eventually. If you get it take the floor boards off during a hot week in June/July and put it in the sun. Then get a slope back curtain to cover it but that isn’t cheap to do.

Back