Let's see your boat!

Its a 08 115 that i picked up last summer with 396 hrs on it. Its been awesome on the boat. I guided out of these hulls with 90's but had to run them at Wot to get 26 mph. 4200 on the yammie gets me there .
Nice. 115 is very popular I had a 2002 mercury 115 2 stroke which was pretty much brand new on a 89 18' Malibu 175. Yamaha make good 4 strokes. Ide only buy a yamaha or suzuki. Yours looks good. But to me when you get in to the 200s yamahas look funny. Weird slot on them. Kind of silly but I like looks as much as quality. So for a 200 ide prob get a suzuki.

IMG-20210718-WA0016.jpg

Absolutely love my Hewescraft. It's a solid adventure boat. Somthing the whole family loves. I was fishing out of Commox this summer and weather was amazing

Were you camping at Pacific Playground? Your boat looks familiar

Yes sir. I was there the last couple weeks of July and first few days of August. I had my boat in a slip on the north side. Boats name is "Rippin Lips"

Yes sir. I was there the last couple weeks of July and first few days of August. I had my boat in a slip on the north side. Boats name is "Rippin Lips"
And he was fully vaxxed because it's the right thing to do for your neighbors.

We were your neighbors for a bunch days one weekend. Thanks for the great tips regarding jigging. We tried it and limited out.

I remember you man. That's awesome!!

16.5' Cope designed "Barkley Sounder".
Only a few trips out so far. Just a couple cruises. No fishing or fish on the deck yet.
Did you build this boat? What's it got for power? Have you been in a good chop in it? I love those hulls, I'd love to build one someday.

I did build it myself. Took a while longer than I thought it would.
It seems to ride well in the chop, but remember that it is really just a skiff so I'll always need to keep a sharp eye on the sea and weather conditions.
I have not had it in the chop for too long, just while crossing to Active Pass a couple of times. It was breezy, but not stormy. And of course lumpy because of the tide. It went well and has a
fairly dry ride. My console is a bit forward, which may make life a bit rougher. I've seen similar sized boats with consoles further back. That might be smoother.
Power is from a Tohatsu MFS 60.
I've had it up to 29kts. But cruise it at 18-21. Might need a different prop. But so far, so good.

Oh, and this boat is a bit wider than what Mr. Cope used to build himself. He added chine flats on both sides for the design. I think it is an extra 4" per side.

Back