Len Thompson Tackle Buys Hot Spot & Apex-Still to be Produced in Canada

Dogbreath

Great News for tackle lovers and aren't we all-Len Thompson stepped up to the plate and saved NK spoons from obscurity and now this great news!

HOT SPOT® AND APEX® LURE BRANDS CHANGE OWNERSHIP

6/28/2024
0 COMMENTS

June 2024 - Thompson-Pallister Bait Co. Ltd. is very pleased to announce the acquisition of Hot Spot® and Apex® Lures.
Picture

Hot Spot® was founded by Jack Gaunt. An avid fisherman, he started experimenting with designing flashers in 1965 on his 47’ troller ported in Ucluelet, BC. Jack used his on-board, coal-oil stove to heat and shape his plastic blanks. By 1969, he was selling his creations. He set up shop in the family home’s basement in Victoria, BC.

In 1973, Jack hired Harinder Bassi. Harinder was very saavy and mechanically inclined. He became Jack’s right hand man and eventually a partner in the business. Jack remained committed to his work until he passed away in 2010.

Now, nearing retirement, Harinder was looking for a succession plan. “This country is my home and has given me and my family so much,” Harinder says. “Keeping the Hot Spot® legacy as a premium quality and Canadian Made product was very important to me. But staying competitive while operating in Victoria, BC with the high cost of doing business was a challenge”.

Enter Thompson-Pallister Bait Company; A fourth-generation family business owned and operated by siblings Brad Pallister and Jessica Pallister-Dew. Thompson-Pallister are the original creators of Len Thompson® Lures made in Lacombe, Alberta, Canada. In 2016, Thompson-Pallister also acquired Northern King® Lures, a premium quality, silver-plated trolling spoon line.

“We are one of the few Canadian manufacturers in the tackle space left. Hot Spot® and Apex® Lures allows us a stronger presence in the West Coast market with product lines that have a very strong history. Ultimately, it is important to us to be able to provide consumers with a wider array of premium quality, Made in Canada products,” says Brad Pallister.

Over the next few months, the factory will move to Lacombe, Alberta Canada. Thompson-Pallister is committed to continue manufacturing Hot Spot® and Apex® products exclusively in Canada with premium quality materials and components. Harinder will be overseeing the training during the transition.

“As a 95-year-old family business, history is very important to us. We are honoured to carry on these great brands that Jack and Harinder worked their whole lives to build," says Brad Pallister. “While our team is working hard at as seamless of a transition as possible, we greatly appreciate our customer’s patience. Thank you for your support!”

Len Thompson spoons are iconic on the prairies just like the Tomic plugs on the West Coast. They even made a beer to pay tribute Awesome news!

Attachments

• IMG_1771.webp
    IMG_1771.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 15
Back