Leaks in Bare breathable waders

Aquaseal can be spread over a wide area and is flexible...this has served the purpose on my goretex...unless it's a seam...then you're screwed.

The only fix with Bare products are to throw them in the garbage. Everything they make is junk.. Sorry Mama but the only fix is back to the shop for new waders that don't say Bare !!

Yeah if you want breathable waders buy the new Simms G4's. They are expensive but well worth it. The are comfortable, easy to get into and out and that waterproof zipper in the front is amazing, when nature calls. I had Bare Blackwaters before and I threw them out they had so many holes and everyone that I could find was covered with Aqua seal but they still leaked.

william joseph makes awesome breathables - I've had good luck with aquaseal on neoprenes, but I've haven't had any leaks in the WJ's.

I switched back to neoprenes a couple years ago. In my opinion, breathables are great for drifting down the river in a boat and that's where it ends. Any kind of hiking or bushwacking and they're ruined, you will get pinhole leaks that you can't even see let alone patch. I had a pair of North River breathables that leaked after one trip. Rumor has it that if you spend $700 on the G5s they might not leak (that's enough for 6 pairs of neos).
BL

holy sh*t I just looked those up, thats crazy expensive.

My experience with neoprenes is totally the opposite then you BL though, I find they nick and snag and every little stick and twig and totally unsuitable for bushwacking.

Yes I agree, they may rip easier, but at least you can see what you're patching! I once ripped a pair of neos just above my boot almost in half and I was still able to patch them with aquaseal. I buy dirt cheap 3 mil neoprenes and expect to go through a pair a season. That works out to about $80/year staying dry and warm. In my opinion, and this will ruffle some feathers, the same people that are willing to spend $700 on waders are the same people that fish sage rods. Enough said.

I used Seam Grip from MEC for $5.5 on mine. Works awesome!

I have 3 years on my Blackwaters and it wasn't till scuffling over a huge fallen tree last season that i finally got a pinhole in the crotchular area. Why sweat like a pig for $80 a year and look like a patched pin cushion to boot.

Back