Kyuquot Bound!! Counting down the hours!

Pippen

Headed off to Kyuquot tomorrow morning....plane departs at 10am; hope to have lines in the water by 1pm!! :D

Will try and post some updates along the way....pics may have to wait until my return as the internet in there is fairly slow.

Will be babysitting "Hoochie Boy" demco99 as well; provided he doesn't sleep in and miss the plane like he almost did last year.

Plan on dragging this creation I picked up yesterday from one of our illustrious members! ;) :cool:

LePlug.jpg

That plug looks great!!!
I was looking at doing the same to a couple of my plugs.
Is there any functional need to add a plastic bead between your bead chain and the plug or would that be purely cosmetic?
Have a fantastic trip.

That plug looks great!!!
I was looking at doing the same to a couple of my plugs.
Is there any functional need to add a plastic bead between your bead chain and the plug or would that be purely cosmetic?
Have a fantastic trip.

Thanks!

As for "functionality"....I don't think so. The knot won't slip through/into the hole and the bead chain offers the room to have the hook sitting back further than if just on the "bar". I could be wrong as this is the first "doctored" I will have run...but I think the plastic bead just serves the same purpose as the bead chain; adding space where the "bar" would have been so the hook isn't right tight to that hole.

I can't take credit for the rig...so perhaps "someone else" will chime in;); but I did ask the same question yesterday.

Hey Scott

Good luck out there and be safe, the weather is starting to be like the normal WC, light in the morning and gale in the afternnon.

Looks like a bunch of fish have move in in WH, which should go well for you!!

As for that plug, I find if I put a Buzzbomb bumper between the plug and knot, it does not wear on the plug.

and if any of that "new gear" you picked up doesn't need to be stored in your tackel box, you can send it my way to get a true test.......;):)

Cheers

SS

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ken!!

When you say between the knot and plug....you mean on the underside? I was wondering about wear on it and "may" add a bead in front of the bead chain. In saying that, with a big hook and bead chain tickling the plugs "undercarriage" I may not even bother.

I see that the weather is moving away from the calm that has been pretty steady. Just means I get up early.....and get er' done early!

I'll let you know the Waybill # of the shipment when I get back. ;)

So see you at the Sea-air terminal at noon right?

-- Lads, I'll be running all hoochies alongside the ole' plug Pipps with his new tomics... I hope you got your ipod loaded up with Toto buddy!

Ya.....try not to be 2 hours late this time. Have an early evening with your chick and stay off the shooters.

Back