Krippled K spoons - Who wants them?

• Thread starter Thread starter RVP
  • Start date Start date
R

RVP

Syc! LOL[:o)] hahaha!

Just kidding, more seriously though...who still uses Krippled K spoons? What is your all time favorite size and color? I like the #3 in 50/50 chrome and green. I still have a huge selection of them and use them quite regularly...even though they are no longer made and they are one of my all time top producers - I sold over 150 spoons a year or so ago out of my private collection. [Ask Iron Noggin, he was very happy to get a few off of me]

Just curious who else still religiously uses them? what have your success stories been with this now defunct lure.

RVP ;)

Used them for over 30 years , getting a bit low now , the lime green/chrome one was the top dog in my collection.

AL

I've always been a bait fisherman, but I do remember a while ago in sooke. This guy hit a 35.. we were all watching him. He no sooner set his gear again and he hit a monster 55 lber. He left after that. I know they work, I went out and bought some after that, but never had any luck myself. Maybe I just didn't give them enough time. Wish I had one on that morning though!

I have a few (5 or 6). They're in a tackle box in my basement that haven't seen the light of day in decades. I was gonna offer them to Nog, I know he loves them, but then I thought I would just hang onto them instead, just in case. Sorry Nog.... ;) hehehehe One more beer out in the the inlet with you and I would have been weak enough to hand 'em over but the box of Kokanee ran dry. LOL Blame FishHawk, he took the last can. [:0]:D

A while back I emailed the guy who runs Krippled K and asked about the rumour that they were coming back out with a new version of them he said "Yes they'll be on the market Xmas '06 " no joy yet, maybe it'll be this Xmas.

I may have taken the last wobbley pop, :Dbut at least I brought Matt a few spoons that I happened to locate in Coombs on the way over.[8D]

Now what was your excuse again, Kildonen?[:o)];):D

aYup, they work, and of course I stilluse them.
Now, about those you still have Kildonan... [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog

quote:Originally posted by RVP

Just kidding, more seriously though...who still uses Krippled K spoons? What is your all time favorite size and color? I like the #3 in 50/50 chrome and green. I still have a huge selection of them and use them quite regularly...even though they are no longer made and they are one of my all time top producers - I sold over 150 spoons a year or so ago out of my private collection. [Ask Iron Noggin, he was very happy to get a few off of me]

Just curious who else still religiously uses them? what have your success stories been with this now defunct lure.

RVP ;)

RVP ;)

I've used them for years. I can't find anymore as they don't make them. My favorite is the 50/50 green #3 also. Any idea where I can find new ones?

RVP ;)

Reviving an old thread, i just bought 9 of the #1 chrome KK spoons for $30. ;)
(still new in the package)
Haven't been able to find one of these for over 10 years.
They are killers when the bait is needlefish and small herring.

I could use a few if they are available! :P I used to use them aften when my dad and I first got a boat. But we lost them :(

Got a good number of big springs on them and remember loosing one right around the 40 pound mark right on the reef at aldreidge in 30 ft of water!

-Steve

The "TKO" Krippled K knockoff spoon is available in some stores if you are looking for a copy of the originals. Not sure how they work, I bought one but have given it limited use as I still have some of the go to original K's left.

I have new originals for sale still on the cardboard (24 on the cardboard) and I'm accepting offers.

Back