Kinbasket Lake

• Thread starter Thread starter shaneolin
  • Start date Start date
S

shaneolin

Has anyone ever fished Kinbasket Lake ar knows where to fish there as it is a huge lake and is supposed to have lakers?? and good bulls. Want to go there but not sure where to go. I heard by Mica damn might be good, but from what i can tell it is over 700 feet deep there.

Used to fish it every year for a bunch of years....We fished at the North end by Valmount....You can drive to the upper reach from town. We only had a boat once, and it did not seem to make a lot of difference...there are plenty of creek mouths (check regs) that can be accessed by road and a bit of a hike. The "magic bullet" for us was a White Cone Head Bow River Bugger (I was from Calgary, then) on fly rods. Caught plenty of big Dollies, and some nice 'bows. There is a forestry campside there that is rustic, but nice enough.......

Never fished there, but I thought I'd mention that a lot of boat insurance policies exclude Kinebasket Lake. I think that is because of the high risk from debris in the water from submerged timber from when the impoundment was created. Just a word of warning to check your policy before you take your boat to this lake.

Back