Kicker bracket for 9.9 4 stroke

• Thread starter Thread starter yosh
  • Start date Start date
Y

yosh

My bracket has been replaced twice. Is there good bracket that is reliable on the market that is not too expencive?
Thank you Yosh

I just put on an OMC bracket. They are now rediculously priced at around $700.00 hope it stands up. I have broken four brackets to date. The ocean is not kind to heavy kicker motors. Then there is the IMC hydraulic lift. I think it has a 25" lift and is around $1800.00.
http://www.imceasylift.com/

Thank you for the info. I know you get you get what you pay for. The resone mine keep breaking are the roads I travel on.
Yosh

Yosh
Have you looked into a 'fixed' bracket?
No moving parts to break.
SG Power had some last time I was in there, or you could do a google search and get some ideas, then have a fabrication shop weld one up.

Hi Time(pun)
I was thinking of that but the kicker would be in the water all the time when useing the big moter. I do not like my kicker in the water when traveling. Yosh

Precisely r.s. thats how I utilize mine , its transom mounted and I just tilt and lock it into place when travelling.
Long Logging road hauls do not affect it and its easy to slap duct tape over the water intakes to keep out the excess road dust.

AL

I've been using a CMC electric kicker bracket for two years now and I would hate to go back to a manual lift. The model I use is a PT35 good for up to 35 hp (I have a 9.9 4 stroke) very strong and dependable. Not expensive I paid about $400. http://www.cook-mfg.net/

Made myself a bracket out of 12x5 aluminum channel. I got a Yammy T8 on it and before setting the kicker on, I tried it with about 255lbs. Solid.
Only set me back about $125 at Metal Supermarkets on Keating Rd.

jan08021.jpg

Cheers
vic

Made myself a bracket out of 12x5 aluminum channel. I got a Yammy T8 on it and before setting the kicker on, I tried it with about 255lbs. Solid.
Only set me back about $125 at Metal Supermarkets on Keating Rd.

jan08021.jpg

Cheers
vic

Thank you for the help.The one that Grant has looks good and the price is right.they have an outlet in Kekowna to.

Yosh

Thank you for the help.The one that Grant has looks good and the price is right.they have an outlet in Kekowna to.

Yosh

The other thing to remember Yosh is that no moveable kicker bracket is to be used to carry the motor while trailering (as per the manufacturers instructions).
That said, we all do it, but if you are hitting the rougher roads, it is a good idea to put a restraining strap around the motor to take some of the stresses from bouncing off the bracket.
I added an extra eyelet (with a backing board inside the hull) and use a ratcheting strap from the holddown to the new eye to hold the motor tight to the hull.
Good Luck.

The other thing to remember Yosh is that no moveable kicker bracket is to be used to carry the motor while trailering (as per the manufacturers instructions).
That said, we all do it, but if you are hitting the rougher roads, it is a good idea to put a restraining strap around the motor to take some of the stresses from bouncing off the bracket.
I added an extra eyelet (with a backing board inside the hull) and use a ratcheting strap from the holddown to the new eye to hold the motor tight to the hull.
Good Luck.

Yosh

I’m assuming you have a long shaft kicker. With that said you are going to want to buy Garelick’s model 71091 the one with 15” of travel. The 15” of vertical travel will get your prop out of the water when your boat is on plane. Also the 15” of travel will get your cavitation plate below your hull giving you great propulsion. I hope this makes sense.

Good luck

Yosh

I’m assuming you have a long shaft kicker. With that said you are going to want to buy Garelick’s model 71091 the one with 15” of travel. The 15” of vertical travel will get your prop out of the water when your boat is on plane. Also the 15” of travel will get your cavitation plate below your hull giving you great propulsion. I hope this makes sense.

Good luck

Back