Kamloops Accomadations (Near or on a lake)

Peterman

Looking to stay with the family...( wife +2 young kids ). for 2 or 3 nights on a near a lake in Kamloops...
We will be visiting family on the 12th of July...
Ive fly-fished Kamloops extensively years ago I like Hefley LK.
Our budget is on the slimmer side so a resort is probably out...
Suggestions would be great...
Thank-you

My recommendation for the family would be Johnson Lake Resort followed by Knouff Lake Resort and lastly Pinantan Lake Resort

Roche Lake

Take a look at Roche Lake, they have camping and chalets. Swimming pool for for Kids. Oh yeah they have decent fishing too. Good size rainbows.

I was just there monday and tuesday with kids. They loved it.

Eastpoint

We have narrowed it down to Knouff and Roche, I used to fish those lakes around Kamloops for years when I grew up in Abbotsford... Roche has produced some beauties..... eventhough its busy its still one of my favorite lakes...
Love that whole area, plus Camping isnt bad when you have proper showers and restrooms... Sort of cheating but Ive done my fair share of roughing it....

I vote for Roche as well. Some great chironomid action this time of year!

Roche would be my choice. Awesome big sedge hatch just before dark this time of year too. Bring several pre-rigged rods or a good headlight to retie in low light, because they hit hard and are big enought to snap you off.

mikulaksedge.jpg

Sounds like i need some 6lbs florocarbon.... what knot do you used for florocarbon... its been a couple years since Ive fly-fished... havent used Floro much..

I should beable to handle that one...lol
I had florocarbon slip on me more than once on bigger fish until I was told to use a non-slipping type knot..

Thanks Holmes..

Fluoro is great for chironomids, partly because it sinks faster. Not as good for a dry line for the same reason.

So maybe stay with the 4lb mono for the Caddis Hatch... but still run the Polomar knot... then 6lb floro from the swivel to the Chronomid and
I guess maybe 12's and 10's this time of year for Chrono's? Specific color for Roche?

Well we camped at Knouff lake resort (nice place)... and it rained... luckily we put a huge tarp in the truck to save the day... kids had a blast...
I fished Knouff day one and got blown off the lake...without so much as a hit...
Fished Heffley day 2... with the rain coming and going all morning... got about 12 in the boat and lost 10 in about 4 hrs... nice chronomid hatch with some may flies and caddis coming off..
Pretty cool to get the fly gear wet again after a few years off...

but there's nothing like waiting 3 hrs for a ferry at Horseshoe Bay... with a couple kids under 5 yrs old after a 5 hrs drive to get there...
ahhhh! Glad to be back on the Island...

Going to go again next year in June and try Roche..

Back