Jocks Dock

Tips Up

Has anyone personally launched here?

How's the launch?

I'll be dropping a 16 ft Double Eagle and it looks like the tide will be low tomorrow am.

Thanks
Tips

Are you saying that you can not launch at low tide?
I've heard that you can't launch a bigger boat at low tide but no mention of smaller boats.

??

Thanks
Tips

I have a 17, have to monitor low tide time carefully,keeping in mind when you come back in. Now if you want to back your truck in up to the fenders, not me.

B Gibb

Thanks for the feedback Otter.

It looked a bit rough on the web cam so I opted to go out of Pedder so I had some shelter options.

It was gusty and the race was ripping. We ended up fishing the can bouy with no luck. I did not see a fish caught by anyone.

It was snotty all day. Calming down but too late to head out. Probably same for tomorrow. Need weather change.

B Gibb

sunday should be better...
big wave dave web site shows light winds for tomorrow !
friend of mine fished halibut on Haro, but nothing
much doing.
anybody have any luck any where else ?

scotty

Far as I know, no camera there. Big Wave Dave, Sooke tides, look for minimum 7Ft to launch or to come back in.

Yup. Bigwavedave.ca

There are a few web cams on this site that will give you a good look at Sooke waters.

Tips

Checked out Jock's Dock the other night and I saw that there's not much room for parking and it's a narrow one-way road down to the launch. It could get real messy there in the summer by the looks of things especially since Sooke Hrbr marina is a complete write-off and there's not many other launch options. Might have to stick with Pedder Bay and Cheanuh. What a mess.:(

Yup...dont know what ya got till its Gone...
Pave paradise and put up some townhouses ....:([xx(][V]

Thanks "Otter" ! I was at Jocks dock the other evening launching our boat at 6:30 pm. when the tide was at 7 Ft. Thanks for your advice! yes 7 Ft. is the min. to comfortably launch. We still had to back the truck well into the water to get the boat off.. I had to reverse the boat out backwards at least 50 feet or more before I felt comfortable tilting the motor farther down... I could not imagine launching or getting back in on a lower tide.. the ramp can only service one truck and boat at a time launching or coming in.. any amount of traffic will be a nightmare..

The parking area allotted for a truck and trailer is small! Maybe fit a hand full of vehicles with trailers. The narrow one way gravel road coming down has to service the launch ramp and Jocks Dock moorage customers. The boats moored at Sooke H. docks they have to park on Sooke Rd!!! and walk down Jocks narrow rd. to get to the Sooke H. docks!.. with trucks and trailers on a one way narrow rd coming and going? Bottle neck! who's going to back up..? if any one is trying to launch or get out.. no room to turn around! what a night mare!! [V]:(

Back