Jigs

spring fever

I can't remember what the title was but I know TheBigGuy had some pics on it. Want to change a few of my jigs over to the hooks on top like a mud raker. Seems to me he had some interesting ways of doing it-I've scrolled a ton of pages with no luck and I can't think of what the title was to search. Tried to start a conversation but won't let me . Anyone remember the thread?

I can't remember what the title was but I know TheBigGuy had some pics on it. Want to change a few of my jigs over to the hooks on top like a mud raker. Seems to me he had some interesting ways of doing it-I've scrolled a ton of pages with no luck and I can't think of what the title was to search. Tried to start a conversation but won't let me . Anyone remember the thread?
You can easily tie up assist jigs such as the ones on these Shimano Jigs. Super high hookup ratio. They are so light that they get sucked into the fish's mouth. Lots of YouTube videos out there. I just ordered some 250lb cord to tie up some replacements as the cord wears out before the hook does. Not sure if that is what you were looking for or not...I threaded a hoochie on one to see if that adds to the action.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 183
You can easily tie up assist jigs such as the ones on these Shimano Jigs. Super high hookup ratio. They are so light that they get sucked into the fish's mouth. Lots of YouTube videos out there. I just ordered some 250lb cord to tie up some replacements as the cord wears out before the hook does. Not sure if that is what you were looking for or not...I threaded a hoochie on one to see if that adds to the action.

Those are great!! Are you only using one hook?? Did the hoochy make a difference?

Yes just the one hook, you will miss very few fish with an assist hook. The fish doesn't need to suck the whole lure into its mouth, but the assist hook is so light that it gets pulled in before the lure does. I'm heading to Esperanza on Friday for 4 days, I'll let you know how that hoochie addition works!

Looked back thru a few posts, I put my pics under "Favorite ling jig?". Ther eare many pics of jigs nicer (prityier) than mine however these work.

HM

Back