James Bay Anglers Salmon Derby

• Thread starter Thread starter Mongoose
  • Start date Start date
M

Mongoose

On the 9th and 10th of this month is the James Bay Anglers Derby. You do NOT have to be a member to fish this derby. all you need is $2 for one ticket, on ticket is good for weighing in one fish, the more tickets you buy the more fish you can weigh in. and each ticket you buy will has a # for door prizes like whale watching trips, rod and reel combos, ect. all you need is a boat and your welcome to join. first place is $300, then $200, $100. and other prizes. mystery weight ect.

Come down and join, more details at the club house and yes the boat ramp will be clean and free of debris

Well heres the current score for the derby.
- 17.5lb spring 10:15 AM
- 14.8lb spring 11:40 AM
- 14.3lb spring 6:40 AM

and thats all for today due to the winds 5 foot swells with white caps on it and as of 1pm there was no boats on the water front. tomarrow will be better. ive got the 14.3lb.:D

r.s craven are you in the derby too??

well like most boats im a white hulled one. 15.5' K&C. blue stripe down the sides. i will have a big black scotty net sticking up right by the transom.

Fished around Ogden point from 8:00 am till about 10:30, nada...
looked like about 40 boats, did not see anyone playing a fish.
Gave you a wave mongoose

r.s craven what color is your boat?? there was another K and C that fit my discription.

as of 11:15 today only one fish was caught. 18lber, but trillions of boats were out the derby ends at 1pm.

i do, big black merc and a just kicker bracket. i can remeber some one waving at me early in the morning by the second bend of the breakwater but and my fishing buddy waved back ( was watching the sounder). it didnt click in untill about 20 mins later when i realised i should of waved

Final Results for the 2006 James Bay Anglers Salmon Derby goes

Saturday
17.5 lb
14.8 lb
14.3 lb

Sunday
18.0 lb
15.1 lb
11.4 lb

only six were caught for the whole derby. due to big winds and crappy weather on saturday. about 50-60 boats out fishing on sunday, saturday was about 25. very low fish to boat ratio. but there was a high turn out for the derby. I won a car battery for my 14.3 lb fish

wow, for all those boats out ???:(
i guess it's pretty much done for mature fish.a couple months, and we'll be into the winter's again !

well thats all the fish caught in the derby. maybe a couple more caught by people not in the derby

Back