Islander MR-2 reviews

Captain Dudds

I was hoping for some reviews on the durability of these reels. I've used one once and it was outstanding. I was going to invest in one but I found out it only had a 2-year warranty and now I'm a little skeptical. Have any of you long term owners had any issues with them? If I'm going to spend that much, I want to make sure its going to last a good 10 years.
Also, are they easy to maintain, and if you have had something go wrong, was it fixable, was it easy to get parts, are the parts priced reasonably, hows the customer service..etc...?
Through experience and reputation, I'm sure the reels are smooth and play well; I'm just concerned that they will not stay that way. I appreciate any input.

Thanks Captain Dudds

I own two of them. I can tell you that with proper maintenance they are a great toy to have. THey should last a life time. Mine came with a lifetime warranty, maybe its changed though.

TT

MR-2's have a bearing which in time will seize. Islander uses a bearing instead of a bushing. Mine have been fine but some buddies reels have seized. Islander is really great as they have replaced the bearing for no charge. They stand by there product, but as TT said just maintain them and they will be fine.

Tournament Proven !

HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

Just keep the bearing well greased as well as the drag disk. Do back of the drag when you're done for the day. And yes, they have reduced the warranty to two yrs. You shouldn't let that worry you though. Don't forget to use backing....After playing a couple of nice fish, everything else will seem 'junky'.

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

Back