Is it legal to bring US caught fish into BC waters?

arich

The chinook fishery is open in the US side earlier than it opens in BC. I have a US license as well as a BC license. But would it be legal to have US caught chinook on board while in Canadian water?

I do the opposite. I fish in canada out of usa. You register your party on the Washington state fishery website, so if you catch a fish you have proof. The US chinook fishery was 4 days last year. Hatchery only.

I do the opposite. I fish in canada out of usa. You register your party on the Washington state fishery website, so if you catch a fish you have proof. The US chinook fishery was 4 days last year. Hatchery only.
I'm talking about MA4. That's not a mark selective fishery and will open in late June, which is earlier than 121. It sounds like you might be talking about what happened in MA9. I'm American. I know it's legal to have Canadian fish and transport it through the US, I just wanted to make sure the opposite is true as well.

I'm talking about MA4. That's not a mark selective fishery and will open in late June, which is earlier than 121. It sounds like you might be talking about what happened in MA9. I'm American. I know it's legal to have Canadian fish and transport it through the US, I just wanted to make sure the opposite is true as well.
Yeah I was taking about ma7. Point Roberts. Sorry

On the topic "Anglers are reminded that they may not catch their daily limit of salmon in both Canadian and Washington waters on the same day. Anglers with Canadian salmon in their possession may not fish in Washington marine waters unless it is legal to retain the fish caught in Canada in the area where fishing in Washington." I do know of people (Tim Milne Big Coast) fishing out of Prince Rupert catching on the US side and boating back into Canada legally.

On the topic "Anglers are reminded that they may not catch their daily limit of salmon in both Canadian and Washington waters on the same day. Anglers with Canadian salmon in their possession may not fish in Washington marine waters unless it is legal to retain the fish caught in Canada in the area where fishing in Washington." I do know of people (Tim Milne Big Coast) fishing out of Prince Rupert catching on the US side and boating back into Canada legally.
I just want to know if I can goto san jauns and get 10 rockfish then come back to canada

I just want to know if I can goto san jauns and get 10 rockfish then come back to canada
Trying to help you, this is the best I can do
vimeo.com/408515050
Would keep your GPS on and save the tracks. Would also not be putting lines down afterwards on the Canadian side.

Brings up a more general question. With so many different regs in adjoining areas in Canada, how can you prove where you caught your fish?

Brings up a more general question. With so many different regs in adjoining areas in Canada, how can you prove where you caught your fish?
Picture or video with location data on. The video or picture can save the location and time/date info

If the only restriction is not having daily limits of both Canadian and Washington salmon on the same day, then I should be fine as I would not be catching daily limits of both. It sounds like I can catch the chinook limit from the Washington, and then head into canadian waters and catch the halibut limit from the Canadian side. Then I'd transit straight to the washington dock without fishing in washington waters again, as Washington does not allow fishing in WA water again after catching the Canadian fish.

Did he say he was fishing in USA waters?? The border runs right down the middle of the channel, so he could have been fishing in Canada then run over to Hyder...

Did he say he was fishing in USA waters?? The border runs right down the middle of the channel, so he could have been fishing in Canada then run over to Hyder...
If he was on the Canadian side, then he retained an oversized hali. He was fishing the US side (and not necessarily in the Portland Canal), which was the point.

Back