Is anybody out there fishing ?

Loghauler

Haven’t heard any reports, got to be something happening, somewhere, sometime !
Halibut? Rock fish ? Anything?
A lousy day fishing beats a good day at work so help me daydream at least, next year is along way away !

Well, not really the salt chuck but one hole above the crashing waves, so the incoming tide turned everything into a big salt chuck lake. Haven’t done this since I lived in Alaska: standing in a river waiting for moving fish fresh in on a tide.

I’ve been itching Had to try out my new Avon raft. This one was built in 1985 and looks like it just came out of a box....best Craigslist find ever—-brand new, only 36 years old!

3E14F6F0-D27E-4960-96AA-12077442A461.jpeg5E34B570-AE61-41CD-93F8-61D73E5E3239.jpeg

River was low, sun was out...splendid September day.....hooked 3 springs. First one I put on the beach (yes, crappy picture...hands were shaking!) , second one the hook pulled after a 20 minute fight, third one took off and never stopped....took me to the spindle of my reel...never had that happen to me before...absolutely could not stop that fish

Great way to break in the new Avon!9B4191C1-E25E-4FA9-B66A-39D272553E5B.jpegE0A821E9-F1B6-4E14-A94A-5BB165209F10.jpeg

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210925-084857_Gallery.jpg
That was yesterday on the bank. Last day of charter season 2021.
Coho swimming around but pretty sad clip rate. Couple feeders While trolling the basement.
Bunch of paddle hali out there. A handful we shook were under 6lbs I bet. One 90 and the rest unders.

Well, not really the salt chuck but one hole above the crashing waves, so the incoming tide turned everything into a big salt chuck lake. Haven’t done this since I lived in Alaska: standing in a river waiting for moving fish fresh in on a tide.

I’ve been itching Had to try out my new Avon raft. This one was built in 1985 and looks like it just came out of a box....best Craigslist find ever—-brand new, only 36 years old!

View attachment 70928View attachment 70929

River was low, sun was out...splendid September day.....hooked 3 springs. First one I put on the beach (yes, crappy picture...hands were shaking!) , second one the hook pulled after a 20 minute fight, third one took off and never stopped....took me to the spindle of my reel...never had that happen to me before...absolutely could not stop that fish

Great way to break in the new Avon!View attachment 70930View attachment 70931
Beauty

Back