Ina Marine closing

They fairly recently took over SG Power's lines. Thought that would be a good thing for them. I did notice the new boat inventory had dwindled. I would hate to be limited to Sidney or Duncan for Mercury warranty service.

Done deal. Went in today and confirmed bankruptcy. All engines and boats have been returned. Parts inventory will be auctioned on Able. I had been using Ina for a couple of years. Great front counter staff and they had great marine techs. I’m sure the staff will be at another location within days.

I called Ina last Friday and was told they were shutting down as I was wanting servicing . I re powered with Mercury outboard last Aug with Alberni Power & Marine and asking them questions as I am having issues with fuel restriction and did not want to take up there based on time . They called me back and offered to pick up my boat in Victoria and to fix at their cost . Super customer service and exceeds my expectation !

Last edited:
Sherwood's gonna get busy !
Sherwood doesn't service Mercs. Yamaha owners will probably go there. Just make sure they don't rip you off by charging whatever they feel like. Vector would be my choice as i'm a merc owner. They provide pretty good service and seem pretty honest. just a bit of a drive for me.

Guarantee it is result of those fishing restrictions. Probably was last nail on coffin.
I'm not sure. The business was purchased from Stu (alpine) fairly recently, wasn't it? It is challenging to take over a business and make a go of it. Everyone knows salmon fishing has been on the margins for over a decade. Hard business, even with DFO being a constant threat.

Gonna get busy? They are swamped all the time. Gotta really plan ahead for service and hope you don't need repairs during season.
I have had good success with Sherwood. Just a long drive from Langford and busy shop.
They just rigged my new motor and only had the boat for one week.
Not too bad for peak season !

Confirmed this morning. Bankrupt notice on doors. Property for sale sign on building.
I just need some Yamaha gear oil and gaskets. Long drive to Sherwood from Langford. Anywhere closer I can get basic Yamaha service parts?

Back