Important mtg about chinook fishing in Victoria

The DFO stats are very shaky at best - that is clear. Also clear is that FN do seek the sole ownership over the last few of those salmon. And not to let them spawn but to catch them. They have the legal right to demand us shut down while they can still fish as long as there is no conservation issue. Question is do they have the legal right to demand us shut and fish while there are only few of those fish left - overtop of conservation? No they don't. But they can try - with DFO. Another good question would be do they have the moral right to demand ownership of the last living fish?

You better save up for some big-gun lawyers if you want to rock this boat.

quote:Originally posted by smiley66

DFO of course will again take its direction from one sector instead of all. As far as enforcement it won't happen no money from Ottawa, and no real power to enforce it. So if they close the run down there will still be fishing in river.

How can you enforce something you really don't own by law? FN owns the run, and they will determine what actions they need to take. We will have to wait and see what happens, but in order to make this go away for the politicians they may have to act very swiftly. Would not be surprised to see a shutdown to avoid confrontation vs slot restrictions. Just get ready for it because it could happen.
You might want to re-read those Supreme Court rulings? Maybe try one sentence at a time? Ownership is not a question anywhere there... Rights, read very closely... end result the court suggested Canada resolve those issues through treaties. FN does "not" own the run, through treaties they "might" have "contractual rights", sorry those rights will hold if there is a treaty in place supporting them. Through the Fisheries Act and the Supreme Court rulings... DFO has "does" have the "final" authority, period!

There is no question those runs are going to become "extinct", if something is not done. If DFO was to shut it down, they could move their resouces around to insure the closure is enforced - for "ALL"!

All well and good, however if DFO needs fixing then there has to be a plan to do so.
There is no group that speaks for the fisherman as they cannot get their **** together.
Like it or not the BCWF is the largest and strongest group to do this and need fisherman to back this.

Ottawa and your personal representatives are where you need to be going on this.

Do nothing and in a few years "YOU" will not be fishing.

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN

DFO is BROKEN! DFO can not manage themselves out of a wet paper bag, let alone a fishery on the brink of extinction..."The Mighty Fraser - Devoid of Salmon!" will be the indicating headline. Might as well dam it now - gotta make money some how!

DFO is the problem, DFO is our issue, DFO is broken...DFO needs to change in order to develop substantial change in our Canadian Common Property.

Get together - right now...for our fish!!!

DFO.gif

Okay… WAKE UP CALL!

If you want to get down to it and really want to know? “YOUR” problem actually started a few years back… as in, “The Royal Proclamation of 1763 issued October 7, 1763, by King George III” – READ IT!

I guess you can blame us Yanks, for some of that – but, that was one of the main reasons, we revolted! It would be a good thing to read, as First Nations keeps referring to it and there are “some” rights given (open to interruption – read it carefully and closely), which is why anything at all was put into “The Constitution Act, 1982”

In the first place! Canada did not have a revolution; and previous agreements were never set aside! Like I said, Canadian Natives (First Nations) due have some rights You can thank your friend “King George III” for that one! Please remember, there are issues dating back to 1763 that have “still” never been resolved... Yea, I would have a “*****” there, also!

Why can’t people just say... There is a problem, and, I guess... you should just go back to this, “United we stand – divided we fall”?

Sorry to say this but we need a change in direction from those directing the fight on our behalf. We are losing the media battle to the natives. They are getting a fish first message out and looking good in the publics eye. We are being made out to be the greedy group after the last fish. If the natives continue with this agenda and intimidate DFO to manage to their threats; then we need to raise the funds to fly camera's daily over the Fraser and expose them. Not to better our position, but because our group truly puts fish first and wants healthy sustainable salmon runs for the wildlife that depend on them, natives, sport and commercial needs.

The camera is a very powerful tool, just ask police accused of wrong doing.

quote:Originally posted by profisher

Sorry to say this but we need a change in direction from those directing the fight on our behalf. We are losing the media battle to the natives. They are getting a fish first message out and looking good in the publics eye. We are being made out to be the greedy group after the last fish. If the natives continue with this agenda and intimidate DFO to manage to their threats; then we need to raise the funds to fly camera's daily over the Fraser and expose them. Not to better our position, but because our group truly puts fish first and wants healthy sustainable salmon runs for the wildlife that depend on them, natives, sport and commercial needs.

I'm sure if we did a 'total shutdown', there would be more than enough willing volunteers to line the fraser river/canyon and make sure everyone made good on their 'promise'...not to mention running up and down the river by boat and cutting up any nets they find dragged across the river.

True Profisher.... Im not going into any other details as the rant I could go off on........... Probably, better kept to myself.

Charlie..... Thinkin it might be hard to start a civil war in the 21st century ;):D

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

I'm sure if we did a 'total shutdown', there would be more than enough willing volunteers to line the fraser river/canyon and make sure everyone made good on their 'promise'...not to mention running up and down the river by boat and cutting up any nets they find dragged across the river.

And divided we fall [?] Thinkin for a minute that all the nets would stop?.... It would be a media good justure

Ultimately it is DFO who will be embarrassed by any Fraser surveillance program which reveals the real problems. Let them try and wiggle out of the questions put forth by those demanding to know why they allowed this to go on while blaming everything else. I'm now thinking a strong strategy for our fight to save the Fraser runs should include the sport sector aligning itself with an environment group who we could work together with. A group that puts fish first but that also recognizes that all fishing is important for numerous social and economic reasons and that once runs are restored, so should fisheries. (if one exists..lol) This would give our voice more weight and credibility in the publics minds. You win public opinion, you win the governments ear.

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN

quote:Originally posted by Charlie

Okay… WAKE UP CALL

Why can’t people just say... There is a problem, and, I guess... you should just go back to this, “United we stand – divided we fall”?

Exactly - Yeesh! Have I not been crying loud enough? DFO is the issue!!! WAKE UP!

R.

DFO is the problem? Yes I would agree that thier management tactics are sub par...... Thier brush it under the table tactics... then use the budget at the last minute buy new desks and chairs for the glass tower to use it up so that the next fiscal season they dont lose the budget and use it give everyone new desks and chairs at the end of the next
If you look at the real problem DFO (feds) dont even have the power(will) to deal with the FN...... they will continue to do as they do now and watch it.... The ONLY reason the CO's are packing side arms is from the Fraser fisheries of the late 90's.
You see it in Alberni very year ....not from experiance but from what Ive heard you see it in the LML every year........Wastage.
Wastage of the fish that we "ALL WANT" to protect. But... we have given it away already in treaties.
This is starting to sound like a FN bash and thats not what I wanted cause its the few bad apples that............
I agree that they should have thier fisheries for their needs..... and know that some of the treaties are written for cash sales for profit(i.e Alberni)...But????
UNKNOWN We know that DFO is wrong in every aspect of what they do but what do we do???
In my perfect world Provincal gov would rule the salmon..... we would dump our formaly pst into some of that enhancement and realize that its better for B.C. the feds dont see that. But.... problem being if the feds dont have the ballz?????? And if they dont who does?? We aren't on a level playing field

I could go on....... And yes Charlie stop startin s--t from below the 49th........... we arent having a civil war :D

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

you expect us to believe our 'take' of all salmon went from 0.42% to 30% in one year?? Thats a total crock and DFO knows it (or the Sun writer didn't understand what the numbers meant and that number is WAY lower). I'm totally fine with shutting it right down, but that damn well includes the whole river as well. That's my issue. First nations proposes that they will 'recommend' that they don't fish the river but they can't enforce what each tribe does? All or nothing cause I know damn well unless its enforced, the rivers will still be fished and all this is moot!

Edit: actually, I'm even having trouble wrapping my head around it, so 2008 could be 0.42% or 3.42%...maybe someone can confirm which way the math goes. Still an 'unbelievable' jump in my books regardless the number. Say for every 1000 fish that go up the river, 350 were killed (as per the pie) - now did we catch 1.2% of those 350 fish? That is what derived the 0.42%, but I guess the 30% would mean u take 1000/350 x 1.2% = 3.42%...lmao Beats me - just the way they report it makes you overthink, but at least that would be apples to apples 3.42% up to 30% in 1 year???

quote:Originally posted by declining stocks

Originally posted by Deewar25

you expect us to believe our 'take' of all salmon went from 0.42% to 30% in one year?? Thats a total crock and DFO knows it (or the Sun writer didn't understand what the numbers meant and that number is WAY lower). I'm totally fine with shutting it right down, but that damn well includes the whole river as well. That's my issue. First nations proposes that they will 'recommend' that they don't fish the river but they can't enforce what each tribe does? All or nothing cause I know damn well unless its enforced, the rivers will still be fished and all this is moot!

Edit: actually, I'm even having trouble wrapping my head around it, so 2008 could be 0.42% or 3.42%...maybe someone can confirm which way the math goes. Still an 'unbelievable' jump in my books regardless the number. Say for every 1000 fish that go up the river, 350 were killed (as per the pie) - now did we catch 1.2% of those 350 fish? That is what derived the 0.42%, but I guess the 30% would mean u take 1000/350 x 1.2% = 3.42%...lmao Beats me - just the way they report it makes you overthink, but at least that would be apples to apples 3.42% up to 30% in 1 year???

Sorry about that, i wanted to remind that the pie charts that DFO presented only represented 44% out of 100%. don't ask me where the other fish went!

Originally posted by Deewar25

Sorry about that, i wanted to remind that the pie charts that DFO presented only represented 44% out of 100%. don't ask me where the other fish went!

Who knows where they went [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Lipripper

I could go on....... And yes Charlie stop startin s--t from below the 49th........... we arent having a civil war :D
I don't believe "I" started anything or have too? King George III started this one for you! [:0]
As far as having a civil war"? I am not advocating that at all, but maybe you are and “you” don’t know it? But, I never mentioned anything about having a "Civil" war at all? Nor did I say start a "revolution", either? I stated Canada "didn't have a revolution"! Meaning at the end of U.S. revolution we “never” signed or agreed to anything like the Royal Proclamation, which Canada is "BOUND" (open to interpretation)! However, you might want to ask any leaders of the First Nations if they are in a battle for their rights, “you” might be surprised at their answer?

Talk about missing a point? You aren't even in the same game, let alone on your level playing field???

"YOU" "really" need to get the history books out and start reading and find out how important those treaty agreements (no one seems concerned about) really are! For all practical purposes – those things will become your legal rights and “law”!! [:0]

Have you ever even read, “The Royal Proclamation of 1763, by King George III”, of which is what First Nations keeps throwing at Canada or the Constitution Act, 1982? And, YES… This goes well beyond and above DFO, but if you research, you will find DFO has been thrown right in the middle of this mess! READ!!!! You might even learn something!

You might find, the Canadian Native America referred to as “Nations or Tribes of Indians” - VERY MUCH WERE GIVEN RIGHTS (again, open to interpretation)! Why in the world do you think your Supreme Court doesn't want to touch this with a “ten foot pole” and recommends Canada negotiate those treaties? Technically, you might find Canada has “two” nations (open to interpretation), as you look up the definition of “Nations”, which I am sure the Supreme Court has already, along with its original intent? Yep, this very much could be about “politics” and “power”? Have you ever wondered what those "classified" and "sealed" "secret" documents from Justice Canada (not even allowed to be read by Parliament)concerning the management of British Columbia fishing rights, really says? I have my own thoughts on that one!
quote:: (1) : nationality : a politically organized nationality (Revised Standard Version)> b : a community of people composed of one or more nationalities and possessing a more or less defined territory and government c : a territorial division containing a body of people of one or more nationalities and usually characterized by relatively large size and independent status
2 archaic : group, aggregation
3 : a tribe or federation of tribes (as of American Indians)

You might even find reading this, "YOU" will have a hard time separating and defining some rights?
quote: October 7, 1763
BY THE KING. A PROCLAMATION
GEORGE R.
Whereas We have taken into Our Royal Consideration the extensive and valuable Acquisitions in America, secured to our Crown by the late Definitive Treaty of Peace, concluded at Paris. the 10th Day of February last; and being desirous that all Our loving Subjects, as well of our Kingdom as of our Colonies in America, may avail themselves with all convenient Speed, of the great Benefits and Advantages which must accrue therefrom to their Commerce, Manufactures, and Navigation, We have thought fit, with the Advice of our Privy Council. to issue this our Royal Proclamation, hereby to publish and declare to all our loving Subjects, that we have, with the Advice of our Said Privy Council, granted our Letters Patent, under our Great Seal of Great Britain, to erect, within the Countries and Islands ceded and confirmed to Us by the said Treaty, Four distinct and separate Governments, styled and called by the names of Quebec, East Florida, West Florida and Grenada, and limited and bounded as follows, viz.

First--The Government of Quebec bounded on the Labrador Coast by the River St. John, and from thence by a Line drawn from the Head of that River through the Lake St. John, to the South end of the Lake Nipissim; from whence the said Line, crossing the River St. Lawrence, and the Lake Champlain, in 45. Degrees of North Latitude, passes along the High Lands which divide the Rivers that empty themselves into the said River St. Lawrence from those which fall into the Sea; and also along the North Coast of the Baye des Chaleurs, and the Coast of the Gulph of St. Lawrence to Cape Rosieres, and from thence crossing the Mouth of the River St. Lawrence by the West End of the Island of Anticosti, terminates at the aforesaid River of St. John.

Secondly--The Government of East Florida. bounded to the Westward by the Gulph of Mexico and the Apalachicola River; to the Northward by a Line drawn from that part of the said River where the Chatahouchee and Flint Rivers meet, to the source of St. Mary's River. and by the course of the said River to the Atlantic Ocean; and to the Eastward and Southward by the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulph of Florida, including all Islands within Six Leagues of the Sea Coast.

Thirdly--The Government of West Florida. bounded to the Southward by the Gulph of Mexico. including all Islands within Six Leagues of the Coast. from the River Apalachicola to Lake Pontchartrain; to the Westward by the said Lake, the Lake Maurepas, and the River Mississippi; to the Northward by a Line drawn due East from that part of the River Mississippi which lies in 31 Degrees North Latitude. to the River Apalachicola or Chatahouchee; and to the Eastward by the said River.

Fourthly--The Government of Grenada, comprehending the Island of that name, together with the Grenadines, and the Islands of Dominico, St. Vincent's and Tobago. And to the end that the open and free Fishery of our Subjects may be extended to and carried on upon the Coast of Labrador, and the adjacent Islands. We have thought fit. with the advice of our said Privy Council to put all that Coast, from the River St. John's to Hudson's Streights, together with the Islands of Anticosti and Madelaine, and all other smaller Islands Iying upon the said Coast, under the care and Inspection of our Governor of Newfoundland.

We have also, with the advice of our Privy Council. thought fit to annex the Islands of St. John's and Cape Breton, or Isle Royale, with the lesser Islands adjacent thereto, to our Government of Nova Scotia.
We have also, with the advice of our Privy Council aforesaid, annexed to our Province of Georgia all the Lands Iying between the Rivers Alatamaha and St. Mary's.

And whereas it will greatly contribute to the speedy settling of our said new Governments, that our loving Subjects should be infomed of our Paternal care, for the security of the Liberties and Properties of those who are and shall become Inhabitants thereof, We have thought fit to publish and declare, by this Our Proclamation, that We have, in the Letters Patent under our Great Seal of Great Britain, by which the said Governments are constituted. given express Power and Direction to our Governors of our Said Colonies respectively, that so soon as the state and circumstances of the said Colonies will admit thereof, they shall, with the Advice and Consent of the Members of our Council, summon and call General Assemblies within the said Governments respectively, in such Manner and Form as is used and directed in those Colonies and Provinces in America which are under our immediate Government: And We have also given Power to the said Governors, with the consent of our Said Councils, and the Representatives of the People so to be summoned as aforesaid, to make, constitute, and ordain Laws. Statutes, and Ordinances for the Public Peace, Welfare, and good Government of our said Colonies, and of the People and Inhabitants thereof, as near as may be agreeable to the Laws of England, and under such Regulations and Restrictions as are used in other Colonies; and in the mean Time, and until such Assemblies can be called as aforesaid, all Persons Inhabiting in or resorting to our Said Colonies may confide in our Royal Protection for the Enjoyment of the Benefit of the Laws of our Realm of England; for which Purpose We have given Power under our Great Seal to the Governors of our said Colonies respectively to erect and constitute, with the Advice of our said Councils respectively, Courts of Judicature and public Justice within our Said Colonies for hearing and determining all Causes, as well Criminal as Civil, according to Law and Equity, and as near as may be agreeable to the Laws of England, with Liberty to all Persons who may think themselves aggrieved by the Sentences of such Courts, in all Civil Cases. to appeal, under the usual Limitations and Restrictions, to Us in our Privy Council.

We have also thought fit, with the advice of our Privy Council as aforesaid, to give unto the Governors and Councils of our said Three new Colonies, upon the Continent full Power and Authority to settle and agree with the Inhabitants of our said new Colonies or with any other Persons who shall resort thereto, for such Lands. Tenements and Hereditaments, as are now or hereafter shall be in our Power to dispose of; and them to grant to any such Person or Persons upon such Terms, and under such moderate Quit-Rents, Services and Acknowledgments, as have been appointed and settled in our other Colonies, and under such other Conditions as shall appear to us to be necessary and expedient for the Advantage of the Grantees, and the Improvement and settlement of our said Colonies.

And Whereas, We are desirous, upon all occasions, to testify our Royal Sense and Approbation of the Conduct and bravery of the Officers and Soldiers of our Armies, and to reward the same, We do hereby command and impower our Governors of our said Three new Colonies, and all other our Governors of our several Provinces on the Continent of North America, to grant without Fee or Reward, to such reduced Officers as have served in North America during the late War, and to such Private Soldiers as have been or shall be disbanded in America, and are actually residing there, and shall personally apply for the same, the following Quantities of Lands, subject, at the Expiration of Ten Years, to the same Quit-Rents as other Lands are subject to in the Province within which they are granted, as also subject to the same Conditions of Cultivation and Improvement; viz.

To every Person having the Rank of a Field Officer--5,000 Acres.
To every Captain--3,000 Acres.
To every Subaltern or Staff Officer,--2,000 Acres.
To every Non-Commission Officer,--200 Acres .
To every Private Man--50 Acres.

We do likewise authorize and require the Governors and Commanders in Chief of all our said Colonies upon the Continent of North America to grant the like Quantities of Land, and upon the same conditions, to such reduced Officers of our Navy of like Rank as served on board our Ships of War in North America at the times of the Reduction of Louisbourg and Quebec in the late War, and who shall personally apply to our respective Governors for such Grants.

And whereas it is just and reasonable, and essential to our Interest, and the Security of our Colonies, that the several Nations or Tribes of Indians with whom We are connected, and who live under our Protection, should not be molested or disturbed in the Possession of such Parts of Our Dominions and Territories as, not having been ceded to or purchased by Us, are reserved to them. or any of them, as their Hunting Grounds.--We do therefore, with the Advice of our Privy Council, declare it to be our Royal Will and Pleasure. that no Governor or Commander in Chief in any of our Colonies of Quebec, East Florida. or West Florida, do presume, upon any Pretence whatever, to grant Warrants of Survey, or pass any Patents for Lands beyond the Bounds of their respective Governments. as described in their Commissions: as also that no Governor or Commander in Chief in any of our other Colonies or Plantations in America do presume for the present, and until our further Pleasure be known, to grant Warrants of Survey, or pass Patents for any Lands beyond the Heads or Sources of any of the Rivers which fall into the Atlantic Ocean from the West and North West, or upon any Lands whatever, which, not having been ceded to or purchased by Us as aforesaid, are reserved to the said Indians, or any of them.

And We do further declare it to be Our Royal Will and Pleasure, for the present as aforesaid, to reserve under our Sovereignty, Protection, and Dominion, for the use of the said Indians, all the Lands and Territories not included within the Limits of Our said Three new Governments, or within the Limits of the Territory granted to the Hudson's Bay Company, as also all the Lands and Territories lying to the Westward of the Sources of the Rivers which fall into the Sea from the West and North West as aforesaid.

And We do hereby strictly forbid, on Pain of our Displeasure, all our loving Subjects from making any Purchases or Settlements whatever, or taking Possession of any of the Lands above reserved. without our especial leave and Licence for that Purpose first obtained.

And. We do further strictly enjoin and require all Persons whatever who have either wilfully or inadvertently seated themselves upon any Lands within the Countries above described. or upon any other Lands which, not having been ceded to or purchased by Us, are still reserved to the said Indians as aforesaid, forthwith to remove themselves from such Settlements.

And whereas great Frauds and Abuses have been committed in purchasing Lands of the Indians, to the great Prejudice of our Interests. and to the great Dissatisfaction of the said Indians: In order, therefore, to prevent such Irregularities for the future, and to the end that the Indians may be convinced of our Justice and determined Resolution to remove all reasonable Cause of Discontent, We do. with the Advice of our Privy Council strictly enjoin and require. that no private Person do presume to make any purchase from the said Indians of any Lands reserved to the said Indians, within those parts of our Colonies where, We have thought proper to allow Settlement: but that. if at any Time any of the Said Indians should be inclined to dispose of the said Lands, the same shall be Purchased only for Us, in our Name, at some public Meeting or Assembly of the said Indians, to be held for that Purpose by the Governor or Commander in Chief of our Colony respectively within which they shall lie: and in case they shall lie within the limits of any Proprietary Government. they shall be purchased only for the Use and in the name of such Proprietaries, conformable to such Directions and Instructions as We or they shall think proper to give for that Purpose: And we do. by the Advice of our Privy Council, declare and enjoin, that the Trade with the said Indians shall be free and open to all our Subjects whatever. provided that every Person who may incline to Trade with the said Indians do take out a Licence for carrying on such Trade from the Governor or Commander in Chief of any of our Colonies respectively where such Person shall reside. and also give Security to observe such Regulations as We shall at any Time think fit. by ourselves or by our Commissaries to be appointed for this Purpose, to direct and appoint for the Benefit of the said Trade:

And we do hereby authorize, enjoin, and require the Governors and Commanders in Chief of all our Colonies respectively, as well those under Our immediate Government as those under the Government and Direction of Proprietaries, to grant such Licences without Fee or Reward, taking especial Care to insert therein a Condition, that such Licence shall be void, and the Security forfeited in case the Person to whom the same is granted shall refuse or neglect to observe such Regulations as We shall think proper to prescribe as aforesaid.

And we do further expressly conjoin and require all Officers whatever, as well Military as those Employed in the Management and Direction of Indian Affairs, within the Territories reserved as aforesaid for the use of the said Indians, to seize and apprehend all Persons whatever. who standing charged with Treason. Misprisions of Treason. Murders, or other Felonies or Misdemeanors. shall fly from Justice and take Refuge in the said Territory. and to send them under a proper guard to the Colony where the Crime was committed of which they, stand accused. in order to take their Trial for the same.
Given at our Court at St. James's the 7th Day of October 1763. in the Third Year of our Reign.
GOD SAVE THE KING
Take your pick:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Proclamation_of_1763
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/related/proc63.htm
http://www.solon.org/Constitutions/Canada/English/PreConfederation/rp_1763.html

Yep, there could be a couple of open and disputable issues left for interpretation? Especially, when you read and throw in the Constitutional Act, 1982.

Now… you can top that above off with – how about this: “MOST” Native Americans (Indians) in British Columbia… have “NEVER” either negotiated, sold “their” land, or signed any treaty? Yep… you might have something to consider there – “Politically”? First Nations, nor your friggen government even know where they legally stand, let alone some poor little “White Guy” or “Indian” who just wants to fish? How much more “political” can you get?

And, if this is considered starting "****"... I guess I will take the position of starting “****"! Which btw, if you get your map out you will find there are a lot of Canadians living below the 49th parallel!

And this is well beyond just IMHO! :D:D

Thank you Charlie for your thoughtful and informed comments on this very difficult issue. As a Canadian who is reasonably well versed in FN legal issues, I am very fearful of where the courts might ultimately land on some of these issues.

declining...if I recall correctly, the pie chart totaled 35% in 2008 of which we were 1.2% and natives were 24% - that number represented the mortality/% catch of total. Meaning 35% of the run was caught and 65% of the run supposedly spawned successfully. Of that, we represented 3.4% of the catch, natives represented 69% of the catch. Of course with the new 'numbers' in 2009, we now have no leg to stand on. That's whats got me pretty damn skeptical to see an 8 fold increase 'suddenly' in 1 year with no change in catch allowance??? Says to me games are played and we just lost, unless the total #'s spawned are way way way down and that made the % go up so much.

"But that means EVERY SECTOR HAS TO STOP TOGETHER."--- ya think????

quote:Ceremonial Opening Times for Week Ending 16-05-2010 May 6 2010 09:00

Wk Ending First Nations Groups Area Length Open
Time/Date Closed
Time/Date Target
Species Gear
May 09 Katzie First Nation Port Mann to Kanaka Cr/Derby R 8 hrs 08:00
Wednesday
May 05 16:00
Wednesday
May 05 Chinook drift net
May 09 Matsqui First Nation Kanaka Cr/Derby Rch to Mission 8 hrs 08:00
Wednesday
May 05 16:00
Wednesday
May 05 Chinook drift net
May 09 Chehalis First Nation Sumas River to Agassiz 8 hrs 09:00
Thursday
May 06 17:00
Thursday
May 06 Chinook drift net
Notes:* Drift net fisheries occurring between June 26, 2007 and July 26, 2007 are restricted to the use of 8" mesh nets with a 3:1 hang ratio.
Printed from the Fishery Operations System on May 6 2010 at 09:00

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back