How's your PEETZ reel doing?

PEETZcanada

Get Your PEETZ Reel Ready to Catch the Big Ones!

You've got one or more of over 50,000 PEETZ reels made during the long history of this brand. It's been nearly 100 years. Since 1925.

Are you ready to reel in the fish of a lifetime? Before you hit the water, make sure your trusty PEETZ reel is in top condition! I am here at the PEETZ Workshop to help you get your favorite reel serviced and ready for battle.

Our classic top-tier workshop is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, and we're offering a full range of services to keep your reel in top shape. From thorough repair and refurbishing to classic reel drag conversions, I will get your reel running smoothly and efficiently.

It's been too long since you've given your PEETZ reel some TLC? Now's the perfect time to get it serviced and ready for the fishing season. Let me work all the magic to ensure your reel is performing at its best, so you can focus on catching those big ones!.

Book Your Appointment Today!

Visit us at 2740 Rock Bay Ave., Victoria, BC, or give us a call at 250-383-5342 to schedule your appointment. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get your PEETZ reel in top condition and make this fishing season one to remember!

If you live outside the area, you can mail in your reels too. Be sure to include a note inside with full details and contact info. It's best to call us before you send in your reels.

Don't wait – book your appointment today and let's catch some big ones!

Attachments

• 20240305_133958.jpg
    20240305_133958.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240328_110239.jpg
    20240328_110239.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240330_101002.jpg
    20240330_101002.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240411_103635.jpg
    20240411_103635.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240430_074218.jpg
    20240430_074218.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Get Your PEETZ Reel Ready to Catch the Big Ones!

You've got one or more of over 50,000 PEETZ reels made during the long history of this brand. It's been nearly 100 years. Since 1925.

Are you ready to reel in the fish of a lifetime? Before you hit the water, make sure your trusty PEETZ reel is in top condition! I am here at the PEETZ Workshop to help you get your favorite reel serviced and ready for battle.

Our classic top-tier workshop is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, and we're offering a full range of services to keep your reel in top shape. From thorough repair and refurbishing to classic reel drag conversions, I will get your reel running smoothly and efficiently.

It's been too long since you've given your PEETZ reel some TLC? Now's the perfect time to get it serviced and ready for the fishing season. Let me work all the magic to ensure your reel is performing at its best, so you can focus on catching those big ones!.

Book Your Appointment Today!

Visit us at 2740 Rock Bay Ave., Victoria, BC, or give us a call at 250-383-5342 to schedule your appointment. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get your PEETZ reel in top condition and make this fishing season one to remember!

If you live outside the area, you can mail in your reels too. Be sure to include a note inside with full details and contact info. It's best to call us before you send in your reels.

Don't wait – book your appointment today and let's catch some big ones!

I have 3 Peetz reels - from my grandfathers. Can you give me a cost range for refurbishment?

The rod depending on in person condition $50 to $100. With a personal name on it, the value declines. It looks like a mid 90's to before 2009. They where built for salmon, however strong enough for halibut. PEETZ is working towards building rods again.

The reel is dangerously over spooled with mono line. I suggest switching to 50 or 65 lbs 250 maximum yrds of quality brand braid, then a top shot of 30 to 50lbs mono, up to 100 ft. or less. The top shot is for easy tying and so the downrigger clip does not slip, as it could on straight braid. Too much mono could damage your reel as it has a tendency to shrink and stretch, whitch could push agaist the brass plate or could crack the reel.

The reel is an Evolution one way drag reel 2015'ish forward. Dependeing upon condition $150 to $300 used. A new base Evolution reel is $449

Any classic PEETZ reel 4, 5 or 6 inch reel can be converted to a Evolution one way drag system. Recorder line counter reels can not be converted. On a side note almost any reel can be refurbished and used again for fishing or a nice display peice.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the detailed info. Can you tell if this is a salmon rod or a halibut rod?
From above "They where built for salmon, however strong enough for halibut. " PEETZ was known for they're beefy rods. They did make lighter actions at times too and upon special request. We are working on developing a new range of rods, but it is last on my dinner plate. I have so much to get back into the market I have built up most of all of the parts and peices for the reel, lures and flashers. I am still doing lots of reel refurbishing and drag conversions. The shop is open to pop in and get a feel for what PEERTZ will become moving forward.

View attachment 111708
She’s doing well. Are reels he’s or she’s or maybe that not politically correct giving your reels a gender? My Peetz is on the top shelf! I have to get you on the Business Vancouver Island Podcast.
Stop in anytime to discus what you are thinking. I am here at the workshop Mon to Friday 8am to 4pm most weeks. I am considering a work-week shift to Tues through Sat. It's a thought.

Back