how long 2 smoke in a bradley

• Thread starter Thread starter scottyboy
  • Start date Start date
S

scottyboy

i have a new bradley smoker, i`ve read a few things about guys smoking right through the hole smoking cooking process. what do you guys think??? seems if the fish is big that it would take alot of pucks to smoke right through. anyone have experiance with these smokers?? thanx scottyboy

Go to the Bradley web site, everything you need to know is there. They also have an informative forum. Klob.

ok i did alot of reading on the bradley site but it didn`t tell me 2 keep smoking right through tell it`s done. so anyone have any imput as i have smoked for up to 10 hours before in a different smoker with bigger pieces of fish. that would be alot of pucks .[:0]scottyboy

Hey scottyboy ive had a Bradley for about 3 yrs my very first batch I smoked it the whole time,and couldn't stand it way to thick.I now use about 6-7 pucks depending on the thickness of the meat.Let the puck burn for about 20-25 min. before sending in another one.I also try not to let the temp. get above 200 degrees, and on thicker filets it usally takes 8-9 hrs to finish(but I like my meat fairly dry).It all comes down to personal prefference but try that.Also thought I should mention that is using a dry brine.May take longer with a wet brine.

Hey scottyboy ive had a Bradley for about 3 yrs my very first batch I smoked it the whole time,and couldn't stand it way to thick.I now use about 6-7 pucks depending on the thickness of the meat.Let the puck burn for about 20-25 min. before sending in another one.I also try not to let the temp. get above 200 degrees, and on thicker filets it usally takes 8-9 hrs to finish(but I like my meat fairly dry).It all comes down to personal prefference but try that.Also thought I should mention that is using a dry brine.May take longer with a wet brine.

first batch is was 2 dry and strong but still edible. will change up next batch. kinda fell asleep near the end of the smoke sesh. scottyboy

first batch is was 2 dry and strong but still edible. will change up next batch. kinda fell asleep near the end of the smoke sesh. scottyboy

Back