Hourston winsheild

• Thread starter Thread starter fishnphil
  • Start date Start date
F

fishnphil

Does anyone out there know of a person or business that is into manufacturing windsheilds for older boats? I have a 20 ft hourston hard top that I am looking at opening up. Roof is too low and way too hot in the sun.Any help would be much appreciated.I am on the Island, but am willing to bring it to the mainland if I have to.

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Hey FishinPhil,I was going to use AJR when I was rebuilding the FilthyWhore but wanted somthing more durable than what they offered.
So I built a template out of 3/8 plywood and shoped it around to different aluminum welding shops.I found a guy that said he could build a skookum walk through for around $2500.It turned out great but took forever,so I cant pass his name on.
But Wolf boats in Courtenay can probally do the job for ya.I guess any boat building shop could do one up,but you need to shop around.

DSS Welding in Duncan is first rate, he offered to build me something similar for my H23 when I was throwing ideas around.

Thanks guys, the help is greatly apreciated. I would really like to have it looking like a newer boat so I will definatly look up AJR since they are the hourston glass guys.The boat windsheild that I really would like is the same as the"sea_czar" hourston on there web site.http://www.hourstonglascraft.com/history.htm
Check out the nice Hourston photo album.

Back