Hot choivy set up for Nootka

• Thread starter Thread starter doubletyee
  • Start date Start date
D

doubletyee

I have never fished Nootka but will this week. I was looking for input as to the best anchoivy set up for this area. What is your favorite heads and flashers?? Thanks I will give my feedback when I get back early Aug.

#500 and 'purple haze' teaser heads both worked well last year and the year before with hotspot original flashers or the purp. haze hotspot flasher....

i like plad flasher ,glow and green glow teaser star at about 46`` leader and i went up to over 8` one day, worked great 4 me, but dont forget about spoons ok tyee cop car and army truck 4`` coyote. tight lines scotty

Green/yellow chrome AS head and plaid green flasher outfished everything 10-to-1 last August at the Lighthouse. Worth a try I bet!!

Forget the anchovie set up on the inside. I was just up there for a week and everytime you put down an anchovie you had a mackarel on. The water on the inside was at 70' celsius! When we fished the inside we had huge success with the watermelon coyote #4. We limited out in 1.5 hours on the evening bite at Hisnit.
The water temp was a more normal 58' - 59' celsius on the outside and the best action seemed to be in the bay just before Bajo Reef.
Good luck upo there and hopefully there is a few more fish around when you are there.

Back